Anna's Final Letter - Chapter 8

Author's Notes:

I apologise for the short chapters, and I've realised that there isn't much that can be done with this storyline, so Anna's Final Letter should be finishing pretty soon, but I want to give this one a proper chapter before then.. And I need to include what happened the day that Anna died.. OoOo x)

If I ever have a boyfriend that is like Blake, I'm so gonna marry them :D

-------------------------------------------------

Anna's Final Letter - Chapter 8:

I had decided to allocate two days to pack away everything that was on and in Anna's desk. There is so much stuff in it it's ridiculous. Tonight I'll be staying in Anna's house, and my Dad will drive me and everything I've packed to our home tomorrow.

I begin with the drawers. I flick through her old exercise books from school, noting how when she had a new book her writing was really neat, and then at the end it had become a disorganised scrawl. I laughed at the scripts we wrote together for various different projects, reading her miniature essays about different things and relecting upon the poems she had written; she was an amazing poet

At the bottom of the drawer that had most of her schoolbooks, I notice another book that looks pretty out of place. I had never seen it before, so I look inside it.

'02/08/2001

Today Blake took me to the carnival. We went on all of the rides and played every single game - I beat him at everything.'

She had underlined the 'everything' several times for emphasis. Cheeky sod.

'In true fairytale style, he kissed me at the top of the Ferris Wheel, but then he ruined that by starting to rock our passenger car. I was screaming at the top of my lungs. I hope I burst his ear drum, because he'd deserve it.'

Oh, I see how it is.

'Nah, I love Blake with all my heart.'

My heart began to melt at the sight of that sentence.

'But sometimes he can be a royal pain in the butt.'

Youch.

I decide not to read the rest of what appears to be a diary, instead moving it to the side to maybe look at later. I suddenly have a huge thirst to learn more about Anna, even though I thought I knew everything there was to know.

While I pack everything away, I look through all of the framed pictures of her and I. There's one of me kissing Anna's cheek while she blushes, looking down at the floor in a red frame. Our names, 'Blake & Anna', are written in a fancy, artistic way that only Anna could perfect. There's another of us having a water fight in my back garden, in the background my Mum and Dad lounge in the Sun, their amused faces slightly visible. A leather frame holds a picture of Anna carving into the tree our initials, and then another picture laid over the top of my pulling a really stupid face beside the newly made carving. The last frame holds three pictures of us at prom: One of Anna and I dancing the twist together, the second of our slower dance and the last of us attempting an Argentine Tango; with Anna holding a rose in between her teeth. I had forgotten about that last one.

In the photo album are other various pictures from our time together - my favourite being one of Anna looking very unimpressed with spiked up green hair. While she was completely wasted, I managed to persuade her to dye her hair green, and then when she had passed out I decided to spike her hair up in all different directions with my gel. She hadn't been too happy with me when she woke up, and I had insisted on taking a picture.

I begin to laugh uncontrollably, so much so my stomach begins to hurt. I sometimes wondered why Anna stayed with me.

*****

I wake up in Anna's bed, with her favourite teddy bear, which is called Timothy (yes, I know the names of every single one of her teddy bears), tight in my arms. I rub my eyes and roll out of the bed.

Eventually, I do make her bed and kiss Timothy on the head before placing him in the middle of her pillow.

This is the last day before I go home again. I need to go back to school at some point, only taking days off to go into court. Which reminds me, I need to find out what's been happening in court; I have to be up to date.

I note how she's crossed off every single day on her calendar up to the day of the accident, the day of our 1 year 6 months anniversary circled, the words ‘Blake’s surprise’ in the centre of it.

I feel like a little boy again. What surprise? I try looking in her diary to see if she’s written about it. After a while of searching through it, I hit gold. It was written the day before the accident.

So, Blake’s surprise is almost ready. I hope he likes it. But things are getting worse, but I’ll leave him a letter if things get tougher. He needs to know that as well...

Man, this is messed up...'

I need to know what?

And Blake, if you’re reading this. Get off my diary/journal thing, you’ll ruin your surprise.

I scrunch my face up like a little kid who has just been rebuked by their parent, but continue to read. I feel so evil right now.

So yeah, on our 1 year 6 month anniversary, we’re going to

The entry finishes. Anna never did something without completing it. I flick through the rest of the book, but there are no more entries after that.

Something doesn’t seem quite right.