Chapter Nine

The room he led me to, was much nicer than the rest of the building, it lacked all the grime and grease, and was furnished quite attractively, for a place like this.

He jumped up and sat himself down on a counter near the back of the large room, streaks of his dark hair fell from their place and landed just above his eyes, he opened a draw from the counter and pulled a wrap of bandage out from it.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as he expertly twirled the wrap across his knuckles.

He glanced up, his black orbs peering at me through his long eyelashes, "Have you figured out why you're here?" He questioned, as if I was meant to have an answer.

  "No." I stated in an obvious tone, leaning against a wall for support, "That's why I keep asking you."

He tilted his head to one side, examining me before inhaling a breath and finally answering me, "Everything you've seen tonight, is illegal and I'm pretty sure you guessed that already," he stated condescendingly, making my eyes narrow, "even you just being here is breaking the law." I felt my stomach drop, and scratched the back of my head, anxiously, it wasn't something I had thought of.

He had finished wrapping up his knuckles, and jumped off the counted, stalking toward me. A smirk adorning his face, "I'm not going to lie to you," he paused adding more drama than necessary whilst scanning over me, "this is a dangerous place." His smirk grew, daringly as he took in my scared state, "And you could go to jail just for putting a toe on this property."

"Looks like you're already a criminal." He chuckled, watching in clear amusement at my reaction.

I looked him in the eye as I gained my sense back and stepped away from him, "Why is it so dangerous?" I said, putting on a brace face as I tried to remember the route we took to get here, and began devising an escape plan to get back home.

And once I was home, it was obvious that I needed to move States.

Actually scratch that. Country. I shall move country.

"Ah. Ah. Ah." He tutted, "You don't get to ask those questions yet--"

"Excuse me--"

He held a finger up, then slowly moved it to his lips, in a silencing motion. "I'm telling you it's dangerous, Gabrielle, if I told you why, you'd jump ship." He taunted, "I can tell you're a bit of a coward." He nodded slightly, adding to the taunt.

I pulled my head awkwardly away from my body, in a shocked manor, "You don't get to assume those things of me." I scrunched my face up, firing with unusual anger.

  I didn't know why his comment had hurt me so much, or why it offended me to the point where I got actually angry. I'm not an angry person, usually.

He repeated the silencing action, obviously I obliged, but it seemed to just escalate my over dramatic emotions that were running haywire. It must have been the lack of sleep, or the fact I'm usually knocked out by now, but this was a whole new, quite obviously.

And it was exhilarating.

His voice pricked the silence, "I have instructions."

I threw him a weird look, "What?"

He rolled his eyes, and inched closer to me, taking up the space I put between us earlier. "I have instructions. And you need to follow them if you want to stay as safe. Well, as safe as I can do."