Chapter Sixteen

[UNEDITED]

  "Don't you pull that face at me, Gabby, it isn't normal. And you know it."

  Rob stared at me, "I'm being serious, Gabby, he's always there, it's creeping everyone out. Even Andrea doesn't like him."

  "The whole school doesn't like him, Rob, it's not gonna change anything." I muttered, "He's alright, you just need t give him a chance, Rob."

  He scoffed, leaning against my kitchen counter, and dropped his spoon of cereal into the bowl in frustration, "Like Jayden got a chance, right. Or the guy before that. Or the guy before that guy! Gabby the list is endless, and he's not a good person. Why are you defending him?"

  I shrugged, wordless.

"Why did you guys become so 'buddy-buddy' anyway. For the last week, you've been attached at the hip, Gabby. It's weird. You never gave him a second glance, and now you're practically dating!" He exclaimed, backing away from the counter and flinging a hand through his hair.

"We're not dating, Rob. Cut it out-"

He interjected, "Then what is it! I would love to know, Gabby!"

I ignored him, not appreciating all the yelling, "Can we just go, I don't want to fight with you today." I murmured, sliding away from the counter.

I walked away from him, looking for my dad. He was in the dining room, sat at one of the chairs, scribbling on what looked to be documents. I closed the door behind me, causing him to flinch.

I gave him a small smile and twiddled with my thumbs, "We're off to school now, dad. I'll see you later, okay?"

His tried eyes glanced at me, as he grunted a quick, "Bye." Before continuing writing on the papers, I didn't ask why he was in such a foul mood; he had been like that for the past few days, and every time I had even tried to get more that a few words out of him he would shut down the conversation before it would even start.

I ignored his mood and short replies, turning out of the dining room and ushering Rob out the front door.

  But there he was, standing in all his glory, his black hair messy with his piercing brown eyes watching us as we opened the door. He threw his cigarette to the ground, stomping on it and looked towards me, completely ignoring Rob.

  "You're riding with me today." He said, not even sparing me a second to think about it, he walked towards a black car I could only assume was his.

  I turned to Rob apologetically, who had a stunned look on his face which slowly morphed into one of irritation. He shook his head, "Are you being serious?"

  "I'm sorry, Rob." I uttered, guilt scratching at my stomach, he looked at me with disbelief.

  "I-I always give you a ride to school on Thursdays?" He questioned, bewildered.

  I bit my bottom lip, "I'm really sorry..."

  He shook his head and scoffed under his breath, he minced over to his silver car, his head down, whilst muttering incoherently.

  I locked the door behind me, and looked at Adam, he leant up against the drivers door, watching Rob back off of the driveway, his stitches were out, only a small scab with some scarred tissue remained.