Epilogue

{UNEDITED}

-

"Gabby could you grab the tablecloths from the car, please?" My father nodded to where the the van was parked outside, and went into the storage room behind him, probably to grab more bits. He didn't wait for me to answer. I began my way towards the door.

The Great Hall was massive, with wooden flooring polished to the extreme, it had wooden pillars carved into an array of vines, twirling and twisting into a design fit for Kings. It had a high arching ceiling, with a light oak panelling, creating a whole new body of sounds echoing throughout the Great Hall.

Only a few times had I been in here, it was only on rare occasions was the church able to perform services in here unless the person was rich, or had special connections. It mainly was used for charity events, or school-fairs.

I ran out to the van, re-painted a cool shiny black, and missing a Jesus statue on the top; I can't say I miss the old Jesus Wagon. I was proud of what it had become.

I unlocked the door, grabbing the box of light blue tablecloths and made my way back inside.

The exterior of the Great Hall was nothing beyond extraordinary, the high roof curved slightly, perched on top was a small iron statue, now a brilliant orange colour, the founder of the town, William Valentino. A great-great-great ancestor of Adam Valentino.

I found him, placing the chairs down and unfolding them for us. Becoming seemingly frustrated as they kept slamming back onto the ground, the sound reverberating through the hall, catching the attention of people nearby.

I rolled my eyes at him, placing the box on the table in front, I lightly pressed a hand to his back, "Why don't you do the tablecloths? I'll do the chairs?"

A strand of his black hair fell gracefully onto his dark eyes, and he blew it back into place with a huff of annoyance. I held back a chuckle, and gently pushed him to the side. He placed his large hands on my waist, holding me captive. "I can do it, Sunshine." He stated.

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, and wondered if anyone was looking at us. It felt weird to be so open with him now, even my father knew about us. The whole boyfriend and girlfriend thing was new to me.

I looked at the mess of chairs he had left behind, "See. They don't look that bad." He commented, his hooded eyes were amused.

"Ha. Ha." I said, dryly, moving out of his grip to fix the chairs.

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I annoying you, Sunshine?"

I huffed, a slow smile spreading across my face, "You always annoy me, Adam." I joked, prying his hands from me. He gave in and began sorting out the tablecloths, and placing them on the tables.

"Does the writing need to be at the front?" He questioned, I peeped up at him, watching his eyebrows furrow.

I laughed quietly to myself, "We are trying to raise awareness."

He rolled his eyes at me, throwing me a cheeky smile that made my insides melt. "Well just fuck me then. I thought the dogs would raise awareness enough." He commented sarcastically.

A deep blush rose to my face and to my ears, it was so hot it burned me, physically. I was smiling so hard my cheeks hurt, "They will be there as well--" I spluttered.

"Oh, that reminds me." He stated, without a further word and ran out the door. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously, but didn't stop him and tried to fix the chairs with a bit more enthusiasm.

I was finished by the time he got back, only now he wasn't alone. I jumped up with excitement, she did so too.

"Hi, Bailey!" I cheered, falling to my knees to give some love the golden ball of fluff.

I looked back up to Adam, a blue 'Guide Dogs' vest in his hand, ready to put on Bailey. "Adam! She's not actually a guide dog. She can't wear it."

He rolled his eyes again at me, throwing me his charming smirk, "She's my Guide Dog."

"You're not blind anymore--"

"Anymore." he began carefully pulling Bailey's legs through, one by one, "That's the key, I was blind. Let me have my dog in the vest, alright."

I couldn't argue with the charming smile, and the fact that Bailey looked absolutely gorgeous in the little vest.

"Keep her away from the training dogs, please." I begged, this was something my father couldn't afford to lose. It had been a few weeks since the church was demolished, and it was hard at first for my Dad to find a new job he really liked. But then he discovered Guide Dogs. Adam was still partially blind at the time and he thought it was a message from God.

He put himself down to be a Guide Dog trainer as well, and I couldn't be more proud. And who wouldn't love puppies coming to live with you every now and then?

"She's ruining your fun too, huh, Bails." Adam tutted, shaking his head. The amusement was evident in his eyes, though.

I shoved him lightly; he caught me and wrapped his arms around me again-- it was something he had come to like doing in very public places-- and led me over to the chairs. My father was sat with some of his friends a few chairs down.

Everything was set up when the dogs started coming in, adults behind them, children too.

The fair started playing music, one by one, rides switched on and the fun really began.

The happiness that followed, never really stopped.

-
Completed 17/02/18

{A/N}

Right! Before you go, I have some news.

There won't be a sequel... I'm really sorry.

But there will be other books, or spin offs I JUST NEED YOUR VOTES. COMMENT ON THE ONE THAT SOUNDS THE BEST OKAY GUYS. This book universe is not over just yet.

A book on Everett Romano?

A book on Caleb ? (I changed his name, he was Adam's best friend)

A book on a completely new set of people?

Anything else?

I'll check back soon and make a decision.