VII

Madison is already overcome with homework and things to study for. She has found a spot underneath a tree a little way from the bustling centre of the campus, where she can study as long as she wants in peace. She has a pile of books beside her that she has taken from the library, and an open file on her lap that is already filling up with work. She writes the title neatly in her slanted writing in pink ink on the top of the page, before switching to blue and beginning to make notes from the first book on the pile.

"Hi Madison! How's it going after your first week?"

Corey flops down next to her, distracting her from the work, which requires her whole attention. She is slightly annoyed, but continues the conversation by explaining to her former enemy that she is pretty busy already with studying and a party that she is reluctant to go to which has been arranged by her roommate Karen.

"That sounds like crap Mads. How about we go get a coffee to relax?"

She shakes her head instantly- she has far too much to concentrate on without boys starting to distact her. Corey looks disappointed, but accepts her answer when she explains its reasoning. She suddenly wonders why on earth she is talking with this guy like they have been friends for years even though he spend most of her childhood making fun of her. She makes a mental note to confront him sometime later about it, but knows that this isn't the time. She has work to get on with.

"Can you be quiet please Corey? I need to study."