XIX

[TW rape/sexual assault]

"Madison, darling come here. I can explain everything just hear me out."

Shit. Madison thought she was free of that bastard, but he must have been following her this whole time, choosing this very moment when she is lit only by a street lamp on the edge of the road. She ignores him completely, turning into an alleyway, a shortcut to the campus. She needs to get to Karen as fast as she can before she breaks down and falls asleep on the pavement where she stands.

The girl suddenly feels her hood snap back, letting in a torrent of rain and drenching her hair in seconds. To be fair, her hair is the least of her worries, most of it already being soaked from the last time the wind blew her hood back. Except this time it wasn't the wind. It was Corey. She whips around with only hatred in her mind, and sees an upset Corey with eyes red from crying and clothes and hair drenched (he must have not thought to put on a coat before he left the flat).

"Baby don't look at me like that please. I know I've been the shittest boyfriend imaginable and I don't deserve you but the truth is I never did deserve you. You chose to love me and I didn't believe it for a while because I've always treated you so badly and you're honestly the best person I've ever met. You deserve to be happy and I haven't been doing that lately but I promise I will do, I swear on my life I will do if you just come back to me!"

Madison sneers at the boy she never should have allowed back into her life. Turning away from him before he can annoy her any more, she pulls over hood over her head and speeds away down the alley.

Hands wrap around her wrists. They tighten when she attempts to pull the away.

"Corey! Get off me you asshole!"

The lapse of Madison's concentration was all Corey needed to turn her around and press her against the wall, his body rubbing against hers. He bites down painfully on her lip, so hard that it is pointless to pull away, and rips open the girl's coat.

It is at this point that she realises what is about to happen. And that she can do nothing but attempt to writhe out of his infinitely strong arms. His hand forces itself into her jeans and fumbles around in her pants. Madison stops dead as he feels around in her underwear, and when she starts pushing him away he forces his hand deeper and renders her almost immobile with fear and pain.

"You can't get away from me. It's pointless. Just let me do this then you can go bitch."

Corey's hot breath growls into her skin, leaving her blood boiling in anger and fear and hopelessness. He opens up her jeans and shoves them roughly down to her knees, and before Madison can even prepare for Corey's onslaught, he is inside her, slamming her body against the wall with one hand gripping tightly into her arm, and the other reaching inside her bra.

He tries to kiss her, forcing himself through her quivering lips to bite down on her tongue so hard that he draws blood almost instantaneously. Tears roll down her face as Madison's body is shaken around like a rag doll.

As Corey tears her apart piece by piece.