XVII

Finally Madison has snuck out. Well, not so much snuck out. She goes straight to see Karen after her class, and they decide to go out for dinner and chat over what has been happening with Corey.

"He's definitely being possessive and weird Mads. Especially if you say he used to bully you, how do you know he ever changed? I know this is upsetting but you need to talk to him because he's not treating you right. I can always come over if you're too scared, you know."

Madison shakes her head immediately. As scared as she is, she doesn't want to drag Karen into this. And anyway, if Karen is there with her Corey will be mad before they've even talked, and that will put her on the back foot. Avoids her best friend's concerned eyes as she takes a large sip of tea from her steaming mug.

"You sure you don't want me there Mads? course it's totally fine that you don't, only I'm worried about you okay hun? Just make sure you text me afterwards hey?"

The girl nods again, but even now before she has parted ways with her friend, she feels her heart start to pound. There is nothing she can do about it. She just has to cope until she gets home and then she can get everything off her chest.

It will all be fine. Corey's just having an off day... an off week rather. He'll understand her as soon as they work things out.

By the time she reaches the front door of the flat, Madison's hands are almost too shaky to take out her keys and insert them into the lock. It's all going to be okay, she tells herself. Corey is your boyfriend- he loves you. You'll be okay.

All her hopes are dashed to pieces, however, as soon as she steps through the door. Because she hears noises coming from the bedroom. And they're clearly not coming from a phone or a laptop like normal. This time they are happening in real life.

Shit