XXII

Madison moved back into Karen's room properly later that week. Karen and her new girlfriend Lauren broke into Corey's flat while he was at work, and stole back Madison's stuff.

She has ordered her clothes by colour. It takes her mind off things.

"I'm just going out to get some milk Mads I'll be back soon. If Lauren comes in can you tell her to wait here for me?"

Madison nods as Karen slips out of the door. She hangs a blue smock dress between two pairs of jeans, smiling when she sees that the colour fits perfectly between them.

A satisfied sigh escapes her lips as she sits on her bed. She is content. Until she remembers again.

She can still feel Corey inside her. She can feel the bruises he left on her skin. They are still evident every time she showers. No amount of body wash or willpower will wash them away.

Nothing will wash off the dirt.

She finds herself in the shower, scraping his smell out of her pores. Trying to find the part of herself that she missed last time she showered (earlier that morning) which meant she could still smell him on her skin.

She starts scratching at herself with bitten nails.

After all, if she can't get his smell out of her pores, why not just get rid of the pores themselves?