Chapter Two

Finally getting out of the jet, I saw a giant house in front of me. Dad got a really good job opportunity, and he also won the lottery. It was a really really  lucky thing to happen, and it pretty much made us rich. I hated this feeling. Everything was happening too fast. "There aren't any other people here, are there?" I stroked my fluffy hair nervously.

"Well yeah, Karkat I own this island." My dad assured me. "Holy shit, how much did all this cost?" I asked, completely amazed. "A hell of a lot of money, but that doesn't matter."

I couldn't even believe this. It wasn't reality. I had to have been dreaming. How does that just... happen? It doesn't make sense. We were never broke, but now we were completely rich. I wish a homeless person could've gotten the money, instead.

 "Oh my lord!" Kankri said, waking up and stepping out of the jet. "Dad, please pinch me to make sure this is actually real." Kankri said, keeping his eyes on the house. He was so dramatic, I hated him. Or maybe I was just emotionless. "Can we go in?!" Kankri's smile looked like it was going to pop off of his face. "Yup." Was all dad said. I felt uninspired to check out what the tropical island had to offer. 

Kankri practically bolted up to the front door, running inside. It was huge.

"What the fuck? This must be the wrong house." I spoke under my breath. There were literally maps placed on the walls, some for inside and some for the island. Kankri didn't even warn me about my cursing, like usual. He hated when I dropped an 'F bomb'. I walked up to the map, and Dad came up to me and pointed to a room on the second floor.  "You can have that one." He told me, it seemed like an alright spot. Away from his family, perfect.

I got a map from underneath where the big map was printed. There was a bin of them, all curled up. Whoever built this place was prepared. I looked around a bit, before I ran up the stairs, tripping and falling about a few steps up. The floors were really shiny and slippery. I lost my breath at the top of the staircase. 

I directed myself to the room, which already had a bed and everything set up. I didn't even need to bring a bed. There were towels on the giant dresser, and outside the window was a giant pool. Behind the pool was the ocean. This place was pretty amazing, I had to admit. It still wasn't enough to make me happy. I was surprised to feel hot, wet tears fall from my eyes. Why wasn't anything enough?

 I collapsed on the bed, not falling asleep for hours. My mind was clouded with thoughts, some good, for once. Most were panicked. The last thing I remembered was the clock that read 3:47 am.