Chapter 8

I'll try to update more. I'm rarely busy, so.

---

-korket's POV-

I lay on my soft bed, smiling stupidly thinking of stuff. I rolled over a bit, the first step of waking up. Maybe this new house could be really cool. I mean, that Nepeta chick needs a hospital but other than that, this is pretty cool. I also have a huge house, which is pretty awesome. It was 10 AM, I had just woken up, and I thought of maybe visiting the two weirdo's cabin. I could check on Dave on the way, too. Yeah, that sounds good. 

After showering, getting dressed, and eating breakfast, I went down to the lake or ocean. I've never known what it was. I think it's an ocean.

I sat down on the warm golden sand, feet moving around in the tiny rocks. I never wanted to leave. "Dave?" I called out, smiling for once. I saw movement in the beautiful blue-green water, but the moving object was an orange colour. It must be his brother or whatever. "Dirk?" I called out after a second of hesitation, finally remembering his name. I wasn't unsure it was him, I just didn't know him as well as Dave. 

Shortly after my calls, a bleach blond head with anime shades popped out of the water. It must be annoying wearing that, I wonder why he does it. "Oh hey uh... kid, how ya doing?" He asked, swimming closer to where I sat. He lays down in the shallow end, resting his head on his arms. "My name's Karkat." I assured him. "Where's Dave?" I asked, but a moment of silence flooded the sky. "I was going to ask you the same thing." He responded, looking at me with a confused stare through his shades. "I uh, saw him last while we were fishing." He gave me a questioning look, remembering he probably doesn't know what fishing is. "What's fishing?" He asked, as I was expecting. I shook my head, "Never mind. Tell me if you find him, I'll come back later." 

Getting out of the beautiful sand, brushing off the stuff that stuck to my pants, I wasn't expecting him to reply. "Why?" He asked in a strange seducing tone. I froze in my tracks and blushed. I knew what he meant, but I don't know how he did. I shook my head and continued on my way, hearing laughter behind me. "Fuck off, Dick." "My name's Dirk!" He called after me. I laughed because he probably doesn't know what I meant by that. 

I walked up to the porch, looking up and seeing the cabin. I heard shuffling in the cabin moments after I knocked on the old withering wood of the door. The cabin was small, probably all they needed. I wasn't sure what relationship Equius and Nepeta shared, but Equius was about my age so I don't think he could have a child. Maybe they're siblings.

My thoughts were cut off by a creak which caused me to look up. Equius opened up the door, expression same as always- pretty angry looking. "Hello, Karkat." He greeted in his deep voice. "Uh, hi Equius. Just stopped to say hi." I said awkwardly, looking down at my feet. I realized my shoelaces are untied, but that didn't really matter. "Hey uh- do you know where Dave is?" "I have seen him last when you have. I'm going out to find food, you are welcome to come in and see Nepeta." He said, walking past me with a basket and a spear. I wonder if there's any animals on this island.

"Uh, Nepeta?" I asked, walking on the creaky floor. Hearing something from afar, it kind of scared me but I walked it off. What came next startled me. "HOLY F-" The breath got knocked out of me as I was on the floor 2 milliseconds later. "KARKITTTYYYY!!!!!" A high pitched and excited voice screeched. "Do you do this a lot?" I asked annoyed. She giggles. I groan. "Nep, have you seen Dave?" "Nope! I can help look, though!" She smiled. I don't know how we'd look, but I'll roll with it. 

[Dave's POV earlier]

I hesitated a bit, grabbing the thing that flowed under the water, capturing innocent fish. They could be moving them, taking them to a place filled with others. Not alone, for once. 

The net goes up, as I'm hanging off the bottom. I got closer to the top, questioning what I was doing. I kind of liked it with the 3 people I've met recently, and Dirk. Before I could drop myself, I was on a platform smothered by a bunch of fish. A moment of realization came upon me. Equius and Nepeta were murdering fish to eat. People eat fish. Also, fish need water to breathe. I'm screwed.