Chapter 12

[Karkats POV]

"Hey dad." I called out to my father after coming back from my uh 'date' with Dave. "Hey Karkat, where were you?" he asked. I pause a second for some reason. "I was just hanging out with Dave." "I see." There was an awkward pause, he coughed his way into the next sentence. "Hey son, if there's anything you need to tell me, I'm here.." My eyes widen in fear. He knows something's up...  "Yeah I know." I casually roll my eyes. "Is there anything?" "Uh- n.. yeah?" I pull out my phone, noticing there's no WiFi. "there's no WiFi. I'm going outside." I noticed my friends were outside, probably taking Nepeta for a walk or something.

Me, Dave, Equius and Nepeta were sitting on the beach catching fish again. Dave swam around looking for fish, his tail splashed gracefully in the beautiful water. "caught one, karkat catch!" He yelled over to me as I was deep in thought. Dave tossed the fish towards me, I missed catching it and it landed on my feet. It felt really gross, like a bunch of worms crawling around on my feet. "Ew!" I pick the fish off of my feet. Dave laughs, as well as Nepeta and Equius. 

"i'm gonna go back to my cave, i'll be right back." Dave announced. It was about 5 pm, we've been fishing for a while. It was really fun, everyone thinks its for children to do with their grandpas, but I really enjoyed this. "Sooo, Karkat," Nepeta started with a smirk on her little face. "Dave, huh?" I guess it really was obvious. I sigh. "Yeah.. Don't say anything." She giggled like this was the best thing she's ever heard.

Moments later, Dave came back from the cave. He brought Dirk with him, and a boy with dark hair and glasses. He was holding onto Dirk's arm as he swam towards us quickly. "They said they wanted to come." Dave shrugged. 

It was now getting slightly dark, my favourite time of day. It's not too dark, and not to light. The water is beautiful, and it feels like I'm gonna need a flashlight. "I'm gonna go get a fuc-" My mouth drops wide open. In front of my eyes, I see the most beautiful sight. Dave swam around, red tail glowing. His hair was glowing as well, and his eyes. He lit up a large section of the water that surrounded him. "Pardon?" Equius asks. "Oh- a light... stick." I groan, face palming. A light stick? "You mean a flashlight?" Nepeta giggles. "Yeah that." I blush and walk away as the sky grows darker. 

[Dave's POV]

"He so likes you." Nepeta squeals. "i like him too." I reply, smiling. I always glow when it gets dark, it's like I ate a flashlight or something. "No Dave! I mean he loves you!" Nepeta corrects herself. "right, i love him too." I say obviously. How could one not love him?

 "Dave, come over here. I need some light. Dirk, you too." Equius says, playing around with some kind of metal thing. "Kay." Dirk replies. "what's up equius?" I ask. He shields his eyes, even know he's wearing sunglasses or whatever those are. "I'm building a trap. We only have like 10 small fish, Nepeta has been releasing them." He glares through his dark glasses. "It will detect movement of the fish, and release 2 nets exactly where the movement comes from." I nod, that's pretty smart actually. How does he do that so quickly, I'm still learning about what a kangaroo is. 

Finally, Karkat comes out of the door of his house and comes toward the beach. He stared at me for a few seconds, so I give him a smile. It makes his cheeks go red. I didn't know what that meant but Dirk did it a lot when I mentioned something about Jake, maybe it's a relationship thing. I wonder how people do that.