Chapter Four

KARKAT'S POV

My heart jumped as one of the boys came swimming closer to where I was at the shore. It was the one without weird sunglasses. He swam really fast, I'm pretty sure I was about to die. Part of me embraced it. This was a cool way to go. The boy with sunglasses followed after the other, eventually.

They got closer, and raised their heads out of the water. They held their breath for a strangely long amount of time. I was getting weird vibes from them. I couldn't help but be interested. A normal person would probably have just reported seeing two guys on their property, but I didn't. This was going to be interesting.

 One of the boys- the one without sunglasses- looked to be around the age of 16, if he had to guess. The other looked older. I'm bad at guessing ages. They literally looked the same except one had weird shades. They both had bleach blonde hair. They're probably just rich jerks living here.

They got dangerously close now, I just stood there, about to tell them off. 

What. The. Fuck. is that? Those were not legs. An orange tail came up from underneath the surface. That's right, a fucking tail. The other raised his, which was a bright red colour. It was honestly really pretty, though. It made red look like a nice colour, rather than the red of my brother's turtleneck sweater. Also, how the hell did I not notice the gills on their necks and arms?!

"'Sup?" The one with the red tail finally spoke, as they finish looking each other up and down. He lay there like this was fucking normal. I was definitely dreaming. 

"What the FUCK?" I screamed, finally allowing myself to show emotion. I felt like this was the right place. My vision went blurry, next thing I knew, everything was black.

DAVE'S POV

"I told you, you idiot." Dirk whispered to me out the side of his mouth. The human with the red-ish hair freaked the fuck out, pointing at us, screaming, jumping around, and I let him. I wasn't expecting a different outcome. I just admired his fluffy hair and chubby body as he panicked. He looked healthy. After a while, he finally ran back to the newly finished house where he probably lived.

"Come on, Dave." Dirk said, tugging your arm. "Hell no, what if he comes bac-" I was cut off by faint screaming  coming closer. Looks like he was coming back. He held up some kind of rectangle, then a flash went off. Me and Dirk groaned at the bright flash. "Whatcha doin' there, redhead?"I said. He stood there, staring at his rectangle, tapping it furiously. It made some kind of noise every tap. He just stood there... for like a full minute... before staring at us.

"I THINK I SHOULD BE ASKING THE FUCKING QUESTIONS." He said, after a long pause. "I said that quite a while ago, dude." 

"W-WHATEVER. WHAT ARE YOU??" I was kind of offended by this question. "I don't fuckin' know." I responded. I really didn't know, but you don't just go up to something and ask what they are. I looked around, to see that Dirk had left. I looked back at the boy, awkwardly. He stood there, waiting for me to extend my sentence. His face was like he was screaming "what the fuck", but he stayed silent. "Sorry dude, I really don't know." 

After another long and awkward pause, he started to blush. I really wonder what he is thinking about. He then pulled out his rectangle again. This bitch. What is he doing?

KARKAT'S POV

I wanted to text Tavros, but I was completely freaked out. I went into thought instead, thinking about how I've never seen this before. Nothing like it. Even if he was a human, I've never seen one as... 'perfect' as him. This thought made me blush, giving the thing a confused look. I decided I should accept that this is happening, stop freaking out and text Tavros.

[K]: TAVROS WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS [Karkat sent a photo]

[T]: uHH,, tHAT'S A MERPERSON,,, tHAT'S A REALLY GOOD COSTUME, wHO'S THAT?

[K]: THIS IS MORE REAL THAN FUCKING BARACK OBAMA DUMBASS

[T]: uH, nICE ONE kARKAT,,,,

[Tavros is offline]

"FUCKFUCKFUCKFCUK" I yelled, scaring the crap out of the boy thing. "Is something wrong?" He calmly asked afterwards. "YEAH FUCKASS EVERYTHING. WHAT IS HAPPENINNNGGG???!!!"