The Murder Of One

(Alaric's Apartment)

Bella's POV.

After what happened the other day, Damon moved Ric into his apartment as he thought it was too dangerous for him to stay at what I think you would now call it mine and Elena's house since we are the only ones really living there. And this morning Damon texted me saying that their was more White oak tree still left and that him, Stefan and Ric are making stakes, but he also told me not to tell Elena about them yet and I don't know why, but I trust him. So right now me and Elena are Bringing Ric some Breakfast to his apartment for him, we knock on the apartment door and Damon answers.

"Morning sunshine" Damon says as he pulls me into a small kiss and letting me in, but not Elena.

"Hey, how's Alaric?" I ask him, and Elena moves to enter the apartment, but Damon closes the door slightly to block her way.

"Indecent, but fine" Damon tells us, and he puts an arm around my waist.

"So then, does that mean there were no issues last night?" Elena asks him.

"Nope. Slept like a baby, woke up Alaric. No head minds about dead Council members" Damon tells her.

"Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?" Elena asks him, and I fell his hand tighten around my waist, better hurry and find an answer, she can usually smell a lie like a fart in a lift.

"Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and control freaky. What'd you bring me?" Damon asks as he takes the bag from Elena and sniffs it "Ooo, chocolate muffins. You know what they say; a way to a psycho killer's heart is through his stomach" He tells us, and I giggle as I take the bag from him.

"They're not for you" I tell him, and he pouts before looking at Elena who is staring at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Fine. Keep convincing yourself you're still mad at me. But sadly, Ric's gonna have to miss Elena time today as he only has time for one twin right now. You know lockdown and all" Damon tells her.

"Just take it and give it to him and tell him that I miss him, okay?" Elena asks us, and I raise my hand and salute to her.

"With pleasure" Damon tells her with a smirk as he takes the bag of muffins from my hands.

"Please" Elena asks him annoyed, and Damon starts to close the door.

"Have a great day, thanks for coming by" Damon tells her.

"Dam-" Elena tries to say but he closes the door, we then walk over to see Ric and Stefan who are standing by a miter saw with the Wickery Bridge sign?

"Walking down the stairs, opening the front door, and she's gone" Damon says as he listens for Elena to leave, and Ric turns the saw back on. Damon then explained to me how the last of the white oak was carved as the Wickery Bridge sign.

"This needs to have a sharper point" Stefan says and hands a stake to Damon.

"I got it" Damon tells him, and he starts to whittle it with a knife.

"We finally have our own stakes to kill an Original. I'm not gonna miss because you can't whittle" Stefan tells him.

"I said I got it. Stop micromanaging" Damon tells him as he continues to sharpen it.

"Don't forget that I'm still linked to all of them, and Bonnie is figuring out a way to unlink me so you can still kill them with one shot" I tell them, and Damon takes his hand in mine.

"Don't worry, we're not going to make a move until your safe" Damon tells me, and I give him a small smile.

"Looks like you guys have got this under control. I'm gonna call the Sheriff" Ric tells us as he puts his jacket on, and we all look at him confused "I want to turn myself in" He clarifies, and I look at him wide eyed.