Before Sunset

(The Gilbert Residence)

Bella's POV.

This morning Me, Elena and Jeremy decided to do as much as possible to stay focused today, so we all agreed to repaint Ric's Bedroom as it was already a boring colour and it may help with losing him. So as Elena drapes white covers over furniture, me and Jeremy are pouring paint into a paint trough as we paint the room.

"Going darker, huh?" I hear Stefan ask as he comes into the room, and I look around the room to see that we are going from beige to dark blue.

"It's the only color we had" Elena tells him honestly.

"That's what happens when you decide to paint your dead guardian's room in the middle of the night" Jeremy tells him as we woke up at 3:30am.

"I don't suppose anyone tried to talk you guys out of doing this so soon?" Stefan asks us, and I shake my head at him.

"We have to keep moving. Otherwise we'll start thinking and we don't want to think" I sigh as I paint the walls.

"Want a hand?" Stefan asks.

"So, are you two like back together or something?" Jeremy asks, and I snort.

"What? No, Jer, we're just..." Elena stutters.

"I – I was just checking up on you guys. Seeing how you were doing, after everything" Stefan blushes, aww.

"We're fine. But, if you are trying to be the good guy again, why don't you do the right thing and give us one day. Just one day without any vampires in it" Jeremy asks before he leaves the room, and Elena drops her paint roller in a trough and walks towards Stefan.

"He didn't mean that" Elena tells Stefan.

"Yeah, yeah he did" Stefan tells her, and we hear the doorbell ring.

"We'll get that" I tell Elena as I take Stefan's arm and pull him along, down the stairs "Don't worry about Jer, everyone was the same when me and Damon started to date again, but it'll all be over by next week" I try to convince him.

"Really?" He asks me as I begin to open the door.

"No-.. What the hell?" I ask as I see Damon holding Bonnie by the arm whilst she has a bite mark on her neck which is still dripping blood.

"We have a problem" Damon tells us.

After we let Bonnie and Damon into the house, we didn't call Elena or Jeremy down as we all sit in the kitchen. I then pick up a towel for Bonnie and hand it to her as she tells us how she helped Ric complete the transition.

"What do you mean he turned? I thought you were standing guard!" Stefan shouts at Damon.

"Don't blame me. Blame Bonnie the blood bank. She fed him" Damon blames Bonnie.

"I had no idea what was happening. Okay, the witches led me there. They wanted him to feed so he turned" Bonnie explains herself.

"So, where's the stake now?" I ask her as I refer to the invincible white oak stake that could wipe out all vampire's from existence.

"Oh, you mean the white oak one? The one that can kill an Original and wipe out an entire line of vampires? We don't know" Damon glares at Bonnie as he spoke the last few words.

"If you are so upset with me, why did you feed me your blood to save my life?" Bonnie asks him, good point.

"Because I do stupid things, Bonnie. I do things, like let my friend die with dignity when I should have just killed him" Damon tells her frustrated, so I walk over to him and take my hand in his as I hold it tight.