Chapter 4: Secrets and War

Lucina

I literally have nothing to do, Zayn is at work and I am forced to stay home. But at least I have Artemis and Apollo the two twin Alaskan Malamute puppies.

I mean it's not bad getting to stay home, but sometimes... well I just get lonely. It also doesn't help that I have to hide who I am around Zayn. Being I'm a mutant and he isn't (amusing he's not), he would probably freak out. Plus he is currently taking care of me since I don't have a family.

I sigh when I finally have enough of the silence and stand up. Going over to the stereo, turning it on I crank the volume up to a medium level. I don't really know what band this is but it has a good beat. I just normally listen to what Zayn is listening to, it is his house anyway.

Starting a dance rhythm I go into my bedroom to clean up. I didn't even have to open the door since I can just walk through it. I can walk through solid objects, levitate, summon things, and can make you see whatever I want. It's not as fun as it sounds. People think I'm a monster, my abilities are very dangerous. If I get upset enough I can summon a demon.

I am pretty good at controlling my emotions though so I don't really have a problem with that anymore. I used to break down quite a bit, but since I have been living with Zayn I have better control.

When I was little my family was murdered by a demon I accidently summoned on them. I got mad and it just came. I have to be careful around Zayn so I don't do it to him too. He really does take care of me. I went from home to home in foster care, and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Zayn being my case worker decided he would take me in and if I was any problem he would take care of it.

Snapping out of my thought I grab the basket with my dirty clothes. I really need to do my laundry more often, I wouldn't have to go two days of doing nonstop washing and drying. Zayn has tried to put me on a schedule of when I can do it, but I always miss my days.

Looking at the clock on my wall I sigh. Only three thirty, two more hours until Zayn gets home. Not thinking I phase through the wall and hear a gasp. I drop my basket sending my clothes all on the floor, Zayn stands just inside the door his eyes wide.

"Did you just...?" Zayn closes the door quickly making sure no one saw.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I studer trying to pick up my clothes and avoid his eyes. I hear footsteps come towards me and Zayn crouch in front of me. Once all of clothes are in my basket I look up at Zayn who is smiling. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Luce, I am smiling because I wasn't for sure if you were like me or not!" Zayn smiles bigger. I furrow my eyebrows not quite understanding what he means. He sighs and quickly stands up. "Let me show you."

Zayn runs into the kitchen reaching into the cabinet we have the pots, pans, and skillets. He sets the skillet on the counter than runs back to stand by me. WIth his hand closed he outstretches his arm, he suddenly opens his hand and the skillet flies into his hand.

"Oh... my...." I trail off backing away some. Zayn frowns when he looks back at me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I thought you were normal." It's then I realize why most of the the objects in his office are metal. That explains a lot. "That day in your office, when I asked you why everything was some kind of metal. Is this why you didn't answer right away?"

He nods. "Yeah, I didn't know I could trust you with that secret. I can control metal and magnetic fields. Basically I am a human magnet."

"I can phase through anything, and levitate." I look away from his eyes so he can't tell that I'm keeping the rest of my abilities from him.

I have always hid what I can do because people are scared of my powers. I don't want Zayn to think I'm dangerous like others do. After the 'mass murder' of my family, everyone thought I was going through some sort of PTSD mixed with depression. But what they didn't realize is that I was the one who killed my family, so yes I was upset.

"This is great!" Zayn grabs my shoulders gently smiling like a maniac. "I hate keeping secrets from you."

And there goes my heart.

The truth is ever since I moved in with Zayn, I have always liked him. More than just a friend. I will never tell him that though, he is older than me by six years and I'm not legal November thirteenth. Even if there was a slight possibility it would ever happen, I wouldn't let it. People that get close to me always seem to get hurt.

Zayn looks at me with a realized smile. "Luce, we might stand a chance now!"

"Stand a chance in what?" I give him a confused look.

"There is a war starting between the mutant race, it gets worse with every mutant that becomes known." Zayn's expression turns serious as he explains. "There is an organization that is trying to even out the playing field by eliminating mutants that have.... A higher level ability."

"I never knew there was a war starting between us." I try to take in this new amount of information that I have received. I sit down and look up at Zayn. "Is it bad?"

"As of right now no, but it is leading up to future no one wants." Zayn sits down beside me and sighs. "As of right now it all depends on how makes the first move."

Just then it feels like the whole world turned cold as ice, and covered in shadows.