Chapter 7: Death Machine

Sometimes all you can do is smile. Move on with your day, hold back the tear and pretend it's okay.

Calum

Ashton wasn't kidding when he I was staying at his house till it was safe. Luckily Saturday was when he brought me here, and since I barely was able to sit up yesterday I didn't go to work. Ashton had convinced me not to go and rest up. It is now Monday and five in the morning. Ashton is still asleep, giving me his bed he slept on the couch.

I quietly search through the stack of clothing Ashton is lending me, I'm pretty sure his shirts are going to be a little too big though. Finally deciding on a red flannel and black jeans, I change in the bathroom making sure not to wake Ashton. Coming out of the bathroom to get my shoes, I grab my school ID. Walking by Ashton on the couch, I hear his faint breathing. Smiling to myself I make sure I have my phone.

"What time is it?" Ashton asks in a mumble. The sudden sound made me jump. He sits up rubbing the sleep from his face.

"About five thirty." I reply sitting down beside him to put on my shoes.

"Why're you up so early?" Ashton's voice is deep and sleep ridden, the sound making chills go down my back. He reaches on the side table for a pair of glasses then watches me put on my shoes. "Where are you going?"

"It's Monday." I respond standing up. Ashton gives me a 'Duh!' look, "I have school. I have to leave early otherwise I will be late."

"You planning on walking?" Ashton pops his neck then stands up stretch out his back, which cracks several time. He winces touching his side, I forgot about the bruises.

"Yeah... I always walk." I shrug. I knew this would happen if he woke up before I left.

"Well you aren't now, I have a car. Well not a car but a mode of transportation." Ashton declares, he runs a hand through his hair. "Eat with me and I'll take you when I get dressed."

I sigh as my stomach growls. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to eat before I take a test."

"Sit." He demands pointing to on of the bar stools. "I'll make breakfast."

"Okay." I do as told and watch as he gets out pancake mix.

He gives me a genuine smile, dimples appear on his cheeks and I could of swore my heart skipped a beat. His smile is the perfect definition of a smile, look it up and you would find Ashton's. Perfect white teeth, his eyes squinting, his nose crinkling.

"What?" Ashton asks when he catches me staring.

"Nothing." I shake my head and look away. I hate drawing attention to myself, especially if it's a guy.

"Alright then." Ashton shrugs me off and continues to make breakfast. After we ate, Ashton got dressed, put contacts in, and lead me down to a garage. When He opens it, I take note of all the objects. An old lamp that probably hasn't been used in several years, a desk and dresser both falling apart, and a motorcycle with two helmets on the seat.

"Ready?" He pushes the bike out and closes the garage door. I instantly regret agreeing to him taking me, I would much rather walk than get on that death machine.

"I guess." I mutter as he gets on after setting the helmets down..

"Then let's go." He pats the seat behind him. When I hesitate he reaches for my hand, "You'll be fine Cal."

Yanking my hand away I move toward the bike, a blush intantly growing on my face from the nickname. I get on behind him, Ashton doesn't realize but I know he can feel how tense I am. I place my hands at his sides, where the his jeans waistline is.