/ and this is how it starts

" you have to try it at least. maybe this time this internship of yours would work, unlike the one in California. "

my step mother's voice echoed

" but this time its in the UK. what if it doesnt work, you'd be wasting heaps of money and.."

she cut me off with an exhasperated sigh.

" listen here, Jamie. if it doesnt, then go look for a nice paying job there. send money and get over it. " she said and I sighed

" okay. we'll see... "

*

that was three months ago. Now, I sat cramped between a plump woman and a noisily snoring old man in the plane. I obviously am not in the first class. I cant afford that. That's why Im going to England, remember?

It's a seven hour flight from Michigan. I was sandwiched between these two and Im so frustrated. She could've gotten me a proper seat but she was too excited for me to leave and earn money. She was thinking of her self again.. and how she'll finally have my father all to her self. Great step mother, right?

Finally.

The captain had announced that we were almost by Heathrow and I exhaled deeply and the old man stirred in his slumber. He opened his bright gray eyes and smiled courtly at me which I returned. "First time in England?" he asked.

The man had an accent, English of course and I nodded "For internship in London." I mused, resisting the urge to say it with the same accent as his and he smiled again "You seem young" he said and I shook my head "Im 23 actually.." I answered and he let out a laugh "my apologies, you seem younger than your age" he said and I chuckled.

I sat by the waiting area alone with my luggages, waiting for the person to pick me up. It was cold and the airport was so busy. I clutched my sweater tightly, so nervous of what is going to happen to me in this entirely new place. But so excited as well.. I was finally off the leash again and I cant wait to see my friend.

--

fan fiction for my favorite band. I wish I could make this work. Ive been typing and editing for a while now while working on my other story. But yea, if you like The 1975 then I hope you'd read this. have fun everyone!