/ is there somebody who can watch you

I took the cab, it was much faster than taking the train. The phone call was from Lilian. I already had that feeling this thing would happen. I knew she would do this to get what she wants.. that selfish woman. I've never felt so mad and so infuriated my whole life.

I rushed to the flat. Lilian had called me a few times already, and I dug for my keys. But it was not needed. The door was open and I inhaled as much air as I could get, like I was about to dive into the ocean. I entered the flat and Lilian came running to me "inside your room.." she breathed out.

"ah, finally" another voice called as she emerged from my room. She held into one of my pictures, a picture of Matty in black and white. "is this what you've been busy with? taking pictures of your boyfriend?" she asks and I gasped "you shouldnt be touching my things.." I told her and she placed the picture on a table.

I hated her.

She walked around the flat like she owned the place. I stared at her for a moment before inhaling "what are you doing here?" I asked her as she paced around. "you dont ever call me or answer any of my calls, so I personally came to check on you" she said as she sat on the couch. "we're just worried you're not doing good in here.." she adds.

"or you just want a part in the money I earn.." I breathed out. She glared at me, and faked a hurt look after "how dare you, Jamie. Im only concerned about you.." she said. Lilian couldnt help but roll her eyes. "that doesnt mean you could just fly in here without telling me first" I told her.

*

"you're hiding something arent you? are you supporting that boy? is he doing drugs? dont tell me you're pregnant!" she continued to rant. We had been bickering and when she said the last part I snapped.

"excuse me?" I started "what gives you the right to question me? Im trying to earn a decent amount of money to send for your needs, leaving only a few for myself. And dont dare lie to my face that you're 'only concerned' about me thats why you're here. You flew all the way fro. America just to know if Im earning more and you want the money, you selfish hag!" I was so angry

She had slapped me then and Lilian gasped like the drama queen that she is. My cheek stung and my step mother had feigned hurt from my words. "you disrespectful girl!" she starts but I didnt let her finish. "you home wrecker!" I dare say to her and she took a step back. This chance, I took to my advantage.

"if mom was strong enough to survive her sickness, my father wouldnt have met you and your self centered soul. you knew she was going to die and you just wanted to get your filthy hands on my father's riches. And my father being dumb and all fell for that little trick of yours, whatever it was and left mom before her last breath. you and my father disgust me so much" I let out, tears brimming my eyes. "so get out of this flat! get out of my life, I dont want to do anything with you!" I told the woman, pushing her away.

*

I bawled my eyes out after that incident. Lilian left me to myself inside my room as I cried infront of an old picture of mom and I. She looked so healthy, so happy and she held me securely in her arms. I wish my mom didnt die. I wish she was here to hold me and comfort me.

"Jamie?"

Lily called from behind the door, giving it a knock. I wiped some of my tears and blew hard on some tissue before amswering the call. "yea?" I asked, opening it halfway as she peered inside to meet my eyes "someone's here.." she said and I sniffed "who?" I asked her and she pointed towards the living room

Matty.

--