/ you know where the city is

My friend Lilian and her boyfriend Wes waited for me by the lobby as I got my things. They had a sign with my name on it and a heart. Lilly waved at me as I approached both of them. "Oh, Jamie!" she exclaimed and came running to me, engulfing me in a hug. She was a friend of mine back at the university in Detroit before she moved back to England a few years ago.

She offered to let me stay at her flat. Since there is an extra room and lots of space for me the live. We've skyped, talked over the phone the entire 2 months of preparation and she was excited to see me and have me as her new room mate. I was more of relieved to have someone look out for me, and someone I know. Because England is huge, and I cant afford getting lost.

Wes introduced himself to me, formally. He was around 6'2, much taller than me and he was buff looking. He helped me load my stuff inside his car and kept quiet the entire trip around London. I on the other hand was cheery and talkative along side Lilly. She already had plans on where to take me after settling in and what to cook for dinner. How I've missed this girl.

The ride around the busy city streets was quick, and moments later we were parked infront of a red bricked building. It consisted of four floors, Lilian telling me her flat is on the third and last door to the left. Wes, using his macho man arms to hold up two of my suitcases, just followed us as we got out and inside the building.

The building was decent and clean. Thank god I did not ask my mom about places to stay in. She would probably let me stay in the shady part of the city to save cash. I was so thankful that Lilian offered me to stay here, not only for the reason of having a friend nearby but also to save on money and it was close by the office I'll be interning in.

Wes dropped off the bags in the empty room beside the kitchen and Lily told me to settle in first, do the stuff I want before having dinner. She was overly excited she thought of cooking up something nice for all three of us and I cant think of a better way to thank her. I also thanked Wes for handling my luggage and he shrugged it off telling me it weighed like nothing.

Entering the room, it was nice. It had a window and the view of the city was nice. There was a bed with the sheets neatly arranged, a dresser, a big closet and a table with a small lamp on it facing the window. I loved how Lily took her artistry to the room. It was painted a nice robin's egg blue with details of a marching band on top of the bed. I cant help but smile, reminiscing on the times we spent at the uni.

I finished unpacking heaps of clothes and putting them on hangers, my tripod and some sets of cameras I might put to use on the job. I placed the lens carefully inside the drawers and sat on the bed. "Jamie?" Lily called out and stood by my door post, I shuffled and turned to look at her "Dinner's ready, you good?" she smiled at me and I nodded standing up.

She makes amazing caserole, it was gooey and she never told me the secret to it. Mainly because baking was my forte and cooking was hers. We ate with gusto and talked about her plans and asked me about the internship I was going to take. It was great to have friends in a city I dont know, and I was so giddy.

Dinner finished and she thought of letting Wes go home earlier so we could spend some girl time tonight. I just grinned at her all the time. She was still her same talkative self. If I had her accent I'd do the same. We talked the entire night, even watched her compilation of True Blood on dvd. It was fun, and I was tired. We crashed on her couch.

--