/ run run away from the boys in the blue

10 am.

I woke up at ten and I freaked out thinking I have work today but remembered I had a day off. I had such a good sleep last night, with thoughts of the events before and it just sent me to cloud nine. Im more than happy to have met all of them on one night.

I grabbed my phone on the night stand and browsed my messages. Mostly are from Sheila about work, and there was one that bought a smile to my face. I clicked the blinking icon and read the message

thank you for last night, both of you were great. I was hoping we could talk about the pictures, I showed them to our manager and he's interested in working with you some time. text me when you are free. good night x

The last part made my heart flutter and I screamed into my pillow. How could one letter make me feel like this? It was just a friendly text, a text of appreciation and nothing else. But it sure made my heart jump so high it felt like it reached my throat.

*

It was such a boring day. I spent the longest time infront of my laptop throughout the afternoon, doing some editing and posting pictures on my blog. I didnt have any pictures from last night, but I wished I had some. Wes and Lily hung around me for a bit before telling me they'll catch a movie and dinner out. Inviting me even, but I declined.

I had other plans. There's this small camera shop that sells accessories for less just down town. I already had the directions on my phone and I even wrote it down. I was happy to have found it since not alot of camera accessories are cheap.

I had a bit of trouble finding the shop at first but found it after a few minutes of asking around the area. The shop was so cozy and it even had a small reading area and cafe. But I was there for one purpose and it was to buy a new set of lens for mom's camera. It took me a while to find the right ones and I looked at the prices on them. Around 70 pounds and I twitched my mouth, unable to decide.

I havent had my first pay day yet. But I was itching to buy it since it would give me the upper-hand when taking photos. It wasnt brand new but it seemed like it was in good condition. I checked my wallet, looked at the item I wanted to buy and scrunched my nose. Im buying it. Im buying it, I reassured myself and took it with me to the counter.

Before leaving I took a few minutes drinking some chai latte and reading a few pages from some book I randomly picked out. My phone vibrated and I took it out to read the text from Lily, telling me she might come home late since they will eat dinner out. I replied and she promised to bring some food when she comes home.

Finishing the drink and returning the book, I stood up and pushed the chair back to its place and went out. It was already dark outside and I suddenly had this feeling in my gut that was sort of weird. I sighed but walked on the slightly damp pavement, heading home.

I had been walking for a while now, noticing that I seemed to be walking in circles since Ive passed the same restaurant twice. I took out my phone, and checked.. but to my luck the battery had gone out. I forgot to charge it before I left the flat. I grumbled to myself, but remembered I had a written one on some piece of paper.

I continued to walk while digging through my bag until I collided with three guys who seemed a bit my age. I was taken a back, before the tall one steadied me and gave me a lazy lopsided smile. "hello, gorgeous" his accent was thick and his breath smelled like licquor. Bad bad bad, this is bad. The other two who were both blonde gave me the same greeting, and the same lazy smiles their friend gave me.

I tried to push away but the tall brunette held me firmly "hey, hey now.. we're not gonna hurt you girlie. how's it goin?" he slurred and his breath kept fanning on my face. "Im sorry, my boyfriend is waiting for me.." I squeaked, over powered by his height. The blondes looked over their shoulders and towards the other direction "aha, an American!" the first blond exclaimed. "Im not dumb, Gus." the other spat.

The three were so dangerously close to me, my heart was hammering through my chest. The brunette, whom Gus called as Tyler ran his hand on my neck to my collarbone "you're dainty arent ya, you have nice hair.." he smiled and every word slurred and spilled. The two however laughed like his crazy henchmen. I shuddered as he took my bag off my shoulder and gave it to the other blonde whom he called Brett. "give that back!" I exclaimed and Brett laughed.

"shhhh.. now dont be feisty. cmon, we're just havin a bit of fun. Arent we now lads? what's your name?" Gus asked me as his own breath fanned across my face. He was holding me now as well, both of them pulling me towards what seemed to be a side street. "I need to go" I cried out and Brett cooed "you dont have a boyfriend.. no one's waitin for you. liar" he slurred and I winced when Tyler slapped my behind "hey!" I screamed and he winked.

"cmon, lets have a bit of fun.. won hurt you. you'd like it hunny" Tyler said to me as they started to undo my coat. That was the time I started screaming for help. I dont even know why this kind of shit is happening to me. Bret threw my bag away into the street and the contents spilling out, I struggled as Tyler touched me here and there. I screamed and I dont know if anyone can hear me. Tears brimmed my eyes when they ripped off the buttons of my shirt.

"hey, bastards!"

someone from the background shouted. Im not even sure if it was real or am I starting to hear things. My head started to spin and there was suddenly some loud grunts. Tyler dropped me on the damp pavement and I cant see who my knight in shining armor was in the darkness of the street. There were punching sounds, cracking and grunts. Then someone took a hold of me and wrapped a cloak around me.

"Jamie? Jamie, you alright?"

The voice was familiar. I looked up and my vision was starting to blur. Too much of stress causes nausea to me and I couldnt make out of the person infront of me. I squinted my eyes a bit, but was still unable to recognize the face. There were a few other voices, talking about calling the cops and punching someone dead. Angry voices and voices asking if I were alright.

*

The next thing I knew, I was sprawled on my bed. Lilian by my side and an all too familiar person standing by my door way. "oh my god! Jamie, darling. I was worried sick for you. How are you feeling? You fainted after Matty and the guys found you. You're so lucky they happen to be in the area. God, I wouldnt know what's gonna happen if they werent. Small world you know?" Lilian started rambling.

I rubbed my temples and sighed "Im alright. In one piece.." I breathed out and she held my hand. "Im going to get you something to eat." she said before excusing herself out my room. Matty stood there still by my door post and I smiled lightly "um, hi" I said and he brushed his hair back.

"I had those goons arrested." he said simply as he walked towards me and took a seat by my bed. I watched him, not really knowing if this was a dream or reality. "you should never go out alone, specially when you dont know the places you go to.." he sermoned and I nodded. "sorry.." I mused.

He shook his head, his dark hair ruffling in the act. He touched my forehead, his touch felt so different than the ones that drunkard Tyler and his friends felt like. There was this sincerity to it and it just made me feel safe for some reason "Never. Go. Out. Alone" he said slowly and I watched his mouth moved as he did.

"okay" I said and it sounded a bit too husky for my liking. He smiled this time and patted my shoulder. "thank you.." I said shyly "to all of you.." I add and he nods "lucky we were around, we were heading for a friend's party in George's car." he said and I frowned "you missed it.." I told him and I earned a shrug "I go to parties all the time, missing one isnt gonna be too sad or anything. Its just a party.." he said and his hand remained on my shoulder.

I liked the feeling of the weight from his hand, and I also like the warmth it gives.  Im wondering if he was aware of it.

"thank you, anyways. and to the boys.. you saved me."

--