/ you're cold and I burn

( Matthew Healy POV )

It was too early.

Knocking on my door was such an annoying sound at 8 am. I slept at around 3 writing and mixing sounds and I crashed on the couch. I took out my phone, which batteries are dying and I threw it back at the couch as I stood up.

"yea.. Im up" I groaned. I didnt care about my hair, or my morning breath, or even my shirt. Where's my shirt? I stumbled to get to the door and I opened it to be greeted by a tall blonde. I sighed and she put her hand up "dont" she said simply and she walked inside.

I yawned "sorry, I was mixing some music last night.." I told her and she sat on the couch, her legs crossed and her arms stretched on them. I knew she means things on a serious note. I breathed out, and sat opposite her. "what is it.." I told her.

She said nothing but took out an envelope, opened and inside was an invitation. Something to do with her modelling career, but in France. I read the note, then looked at her. "what about it?" I asked and she inhaled "I want to take it.." she started "I might get on to something big, and well.. I wanted to let you know first." she adds.

I stared at her for a moment, before things got clearer. I scratched my neck "In France.. for about a year" I said and "or longer, I dont know.." she says and I placed the paper down. "its up to you, really. I mean, its your decision to make. Im no one to stop you" I said and she looked at me "Im going to be busy, and so will you.." she said. I knew where this was going.

Gemma sighed heavily this time and she reached for my hand. "its been a hell of a year, and we've all been so busy. Not talking sometimes, not seeing each other.. and we're drifting apart." she says, her eyes looking deeply into mine. "And Jamie.." she trails "Its nothing.. really, Im just fond of her" I say and she shook her head. "I see the way you talk to her, and look at her. Its just how you did when we werent dating yet.." she explains.

I wasnt that obvious was I? I gave her another look and she stood up, gave my cheek a kiss "Matty, its great. But maybe its the best for both of us.." she said. I took a hold of her hand and she closed her eyes "shouldnt I have a say on this?" I asked her and she smiled "I know you'd agree with me anyways, Matty.." she said and with that she left.

--

sorry for the short and ugh chapter. I know you guys love the gemma x matty tandem and I like them too  but this is my story lol so yea. I WATCHED THEM LIVE YESTERDAY, AND IT WAS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE. they'll be back next year here in Manila! ♡ cant wait by then!