/ there's a change in pressure

( A Matthew Healy Pov )

Silence.

The flat had been quiet these past few weeks. Only noisy at some days when George is around and when we hold practice inside. I havent heard from Gemma, she texts once in a while.. but no conversation was started.

Jamie however had been more talkative lately. It was nice she was opening herself more. The boys adore her, of course. She was a breath of fresh air, whenever she was around. She was laughing more often and her smile, must I say, it was bright and so infectious.

She's so foreign and so intruiging.

She and her friend Lilian had been a usual sight now, something so comforting about that fact that she's around. Jamie bakes really good by the way. The chocolate crinkles she made a week ago, which I saved some inside the fridge, was heavenly. Now Im wondering if she knew I saved ten of those.

*

We had a meeting this afternoon, I planned on talking about how we wanted the album for this year to sound. Bit different this time, more lyrics.. more sound. George and I had been mixing various sounds, Adam had been working hard on effects and all that. Ross had been keen on writing along with us.

It was the usual collision of ideas and all that. Jamie was busy snaping some pictures of the decals and amplifiers. I wanted to reach out to her for some reason. I wanted to tuck that loose strand of hair behind her ears, all that mess of brown escaping the messy bun she made minutes ago. My thoughts were disturbed when her phone rang, which she dug for inside her back pocket.

She looked at us and mouthed a 'have to take this' before exiting the room. Just now that I noticed, after she had gone.. the room is quiter and filled with smoke. I wanted to follow her, the same thing I did when I caught her talking to her mum, but I dare not to. George was eyeing me suspiciously, so I had shrug and brush my hair in thought that he might notice it.

And of course he notices it.

"Matty, mate.. mind we talk?" he said tapping on my shoulder. There was that loud thumping inside of me. It was only my heart.. nervous all of the sudden. "sure mate" I said standing up, to follow him outside to my room. I caught glimpse of Jamie's shadow, outside by the door.. her voice hushed but in panic. And before I knew it, she had closed the door and I heard her walking away.

*

"what's going?" I asked George, who stood his full height towering over me. He gave me that look, I would know it when he gives me that and I rolled my eyes "oh no. Dont George, its not what you think.." I told him and he crossed his arms. "what? what am I thinking?" he cooed.

I knew he would tease me, dare me to say it. I would say it to him. If I were sure of it, of how things are but Im as confused as ever. "I dont know.." I mumbled and he shook his head. "I knew this is gonna happen.." he said sitting down on my unmade bed. I had to let out a sigh "but Im unsure of it, okay.. and I havent talked to Gemma about anything either." I told him and he nods.

"Jamie is something else.. she's a timid little girl lost in this foreign city with demons hunting her. Its so cliche, mate." he said to me. Maybe I should write that down, it would sound good for lyrics.

--

fishy fishy. hows everyone. thank you for the reads and votes, it means a whole lot for me. I wish I would get comments, I wanna know what my readers think. x pattyy