/ Use your hands on my spare time

It had exactly been two days since I last heard from or seen the guys. Matty sent me an email to tell me about their manager's remarks about my photographs. But that was all. Even Lily asks me why they havent been contacting me as often as they did before but I dont know the answers to that.

It was lunch over at work. I was inside the bakery next door muching on a club sandwich reviewing some photographs on my laptop when a box was placed on my table. I looked up to be greeted by a leather jacket clad Matty with his shades on and a smirk. If there werent so many people here, I wouldve freaked out. But I kept my cool this time.

I placed my sandwhich down and got the box. "what's this?" I asked him and he took the seat parallel to mine "havent you used your camera lately?" he returned a question. I raised my eyebrows "open it.." he deadpanned and I did as I was told. Inside the box was a brand new set of lens. I gasped and stared at it.

"you mustve forgotten, the one you bought just recently broke. I felt really bad for it, since it isnt brand new." he trailed "you deserve something better.." he said. I gaped at him like a fish. "why? I cant accept it." I told him and placed the lens carefully back inside the box. He stopped me, using his hands. He placed them atop of mine and it sent streams of electricity thru my arm.

His effect on me is mind blowing. I gulped and he slides his shades up to his head, revealing his eyes that bore through me and he spoke slowly. "you deserve that. Im not taking it back. Keep it." he said to me, and it sounded like he said it in slow motion. I had that urge to jusf wrap my hand around his but then my thoughts faded when his phone rang inside his pocket.

He picked it up, stood up and walked outside. Without even looking at me once, he was gone. Like this meeting never happened. But it did. I was holding the box around my arms and cradled it with so much care like a baby. I was wondering still why he bought me a new lens. This must've cost alot..

*

It was around afternoon that same day when I recieved a call from Mr. Anderson's office. This is only the second time Im going there. I was nervous, and I didnt know why. It was a little after three and I've only finished stacking up the rolls of paper with another work mate whe he called for me.

I entered the room and inside was another man seated infront of Mr. Anderson's table. He nodded to me and I gave him a smile. My boss later emerged from another room holding a cup of coffee, handing it to the other.

"Ms. Silver this is the secretary to the manager of the band The 1975. He came to inform you that their manager is very interested in working with our company for a phoyo shoot this year." he said and I took a seat. "since they will be celebrating their 11th anniversarry as a band in a few months, they have an idea of compiling some photo's into a short presentation. Its something for their next album." the other man said.

I nodded and he spoke again. "The band is planning on making another album next year, and they want to make it different.. and special.Matty said you have an acquired taste for black and white film, so he told the management if you could come and take photos. For the compilation."he said. It took me a while before it hit me, Matty was serious about it. They want me to take pictures of them. Pictures for their next album. I had to take deep breaths to calm my nerves.

I smiled "that would be a really good plan." I told him "but that is still up to my boss if he'd let me do this project.." I added. Mr. Anderson nods "of course, the pictures will still be under your name and this company." he said simply and I inwardly jumped in glee. "Its a deal then. I will inform management right away, and I'll have them call you Mr. Anderson. Thank you so much for your time." the male said and stood up, shaking both our hands before leaving.

*

I was super happy, I called Lily right after work while I was on my way home. "Oh my! Thats great news then sweetie. Are you on your way home? Im still at work, and I might be late.." she said on the other line. "Yea, but thats alright. Im gonna bake us some chocolate crinkles and cook something up. Do you want anything in particular?" I told her. "Pasta maybe. Im gonna bring home some wine!" she said happily.

I arrived a little later back to the flat. Got some groceries on the way and I placed the shopping bag down the island table in the kitchen. I washed up, changing into more comfortable clothes and tied my hair up. I was so happy today, everthing seems to be going the way I want them to be.

I started cooking the pasta and preparing the sauce for it. I know how much Lily loves white sauce pasta so thats what Im making tonight. I was so excited to tell her all the details and more than that to start with this project.

In my knowledge, Matty does alot of photography too. I was hoping to work with him on this one, since he's pretty artistic. I wish mom was around to see how happy I am.

*

Lilian arrived with her boyfriend, bringing some nice bottle of wine they bought on their way. Dinner was ready by the time they arrived and we had a wonderful meal. After dinner and some wine, we hung around her small balcony overlooking the city. I could never imagine living here in England, with a friend and supporting myself.

While the two were busy chatting my phone rang. Answering the call without looking at the screen.

"are you home?"

the familiar voice said on the other line and it bought a smile to my lips. "yes, just finished with dinner actually..  why?" I asked him. Matty's breath rang in my ears "nothing actually, how did the meeting go?" he replied and I sighed dreamily "wonderful. I want to thank you." I told him and he chuckled.

"Im only doing this because I think you have an eye for photography and it reflects very well on the pictures you take." he said "you're talented, so I had to do something about that talent.." he adds and I cant help but blush. His voice was so silky it sounded like a lullaby. "thank you still.. it means so much to me" I said and I could pictur him nodding "you're welcome. Come by our place tomorrow to start with things, I'll have Adam pick you up." he said "okay. Does he still remember the way?" I asked.

"for sure. I think he has a relative living around that area. So I'll see you tomorrow." he said "Okay.. see you." I replied and with that he hung up.

--