Chapter 1

Hayley's P.O.V
I walked across the street, nearly stepping on a dead cat on the road. I tripped over my feet and fell on the asphalt. Girls in the car in front of the crosswalk laughed at my clumsiness. I stood up, trying to ignore the girls' snickers. I made it to the other side of the street, unharmed phsically. "You just need to make it to Hot Topic, don't make eye contact, and maybe they won't bother you." I whispered to myself as I walked into the mall. Velinda and her gang always hung around the mall, and always wanted to torture me. Unfortunately Hot Topic was across the mall, so I have to walk by Velinda's gang. "Hey Williams!" Velinda shouted. Great. I turned around. "What do you want Velinda." I muttered. Velinda and her posse gathered in a circle around me, granting me no escape. Oh no. The kill circle. "Your hair looks great today!" Velinda chimed. She pulled my orange hair, while cackling. "Velinda stop it!" I begged. Velinda signaled the rest of the group to close in. They started throwing punches and kicks. Someone pulled my Pierce the Veil hoodie off of me, and I heard a rip. "No!!" I started to grab for it, but they held the pieces up high. Being short is such a disadvantage. A punch flew at my eye and I fell to the ground. Someone tugged at my septum piercing and I cried out. They laughed and continued to beat me. "That's what you get Williams, for being such a loser!" Velinda cackled. She left me lying on the ground, blood streaming down my face. I laid there for what seemed hours, people passed by but only looked at me with a face of pity. I struggled to get up, and eventually made it outside. I collapsed on the side of the road, near the parking lot. I was able to plug in my headphones before the waterworks began. I cried, and the sky began to pour buckets of water. My Black Veil Brides shirt got soaked, and I had nothing to cover myself with. I just sat in the rain, not wanting to live.
Andy's P.O.V
I slapped myself mentally. I had forgotten to take the turn which took me to my house. Now I have to pass by the mall. Ugh. I was always hounded by fangirls who hung out near the entrance. It's not that I don't like the fame, giving out autographs, or making someone's day. It's just ...tiring. I practically had to do it everyday before I found a new route to get home. Rain began to pelt the windshield of my car as I got closer to the mall. Great. As I drove near the mall's parking lot. I saw a huddled figure on the side of the road. I guess I can complete a good deed today. I stopped my car, and approached the figure.
Hayley's P.O.V
I heard a car stop. I raised my head. A person crouched in front of me. The man had long black hair and piercing blue eyes that were full of concern. I couldn't believe it. Andy. He noticed the bruises and the blood that covered my face. "Need a ride?" a deep voice rumbled. I nodded. He helped me get up and took me to his car. He began to drive, and an awkward silence filled the car. "Do you have anywhere to go?" He asked. I shook my head. " Why don't we go to my place and we can get your wounds cleaned up." He asked. "Sure" I replied with what I hoped was a strong voice. "My name is Andy, by the way." Andy said. "My name is Hayley." I said. I couldn't acknowledge that I already knew his name. That's just so fangirlish. Not that I'm not a fangirl, but that's just weird. "Hayley, what a pretty name." Andy said. "Thanks." I muttered. We pulled up in his driveway, and Andy helped me out of the car. He led me inside a beautiful living room into a small bathroom. "You can sit on the counter." Andy said. I sat on the counter and evaluated myself in the mirror. Velinda hurt me pretty bad. I had a black eye, a bloody nose, and bruises everywhere. A gash tore at my cheek, where Velinda's sharp nails tried to pull at my hair. "This might sting a little bit." Andy noted. He applied a cotton ball to the cut. I winced. Andy wiped the blood off my face with water. " Nice septum." Andy complimented. "Thanks." I answered. As he cleaned me up, I looked at his face. His eyes were like an ocean, so beautiful. His ivory skin made the blueness stand out. "And we're done." Andy helped me off the counter and took me into the living room. " You can sit on the couch if you like." Andy said. He sat in the big fluffy armchair that looked really comfortable. " Hayley who did this to you?" Andy asked with concern. I didn't look into his eyes. If I looked in his ocean-like eyes, I would drown and tell him everything. I know you're supposed to tell you idol everything that troubles you, but he would just be ashamed of me. I decided to be as discrete as possible. " Just some girls who go to my university." I said softly. Andy looked impressed. "You go to Harvard?" I hesitated. Maybe Andy was a creepy stalker. It's like giving him an address, telling him where I go to school. "Yeah." I said. Andy got up. "Do you want go home now?" he asked. " I guess" I said, not wanting to leave my idol's presence. I got up and followed him back to the car.
Andy's P.O.V
The head lifted as I approached. A beautiful girl with flaming hair and green eyes met my gaze. Blood covered her face, with bruises and a black eye. Her cheekbone held a cut that was bleeding. "Need a ride?" I asked weakly. The girl nodded. I helped her to the passenger seat and got in myself. I started to drive, to nowhere in particular. " Do you have anywhere you need to go?" I asked. The girl shook her head. " Why don't we go to my place and we can get you cleaned up." I asked. " Sure. " she said. She had the most angelic voice I have ever heard. " My name is Andy, by the way. " I added awkwardly. " My name is Hayley." she said. " Hayley, what a pretty name." I thought aloud. Oops. " Thanks." she blushed. I noticed her Black Veil Brides shirt. This must be a dream come true for her. I hope she doesn't get creepy when we get inside. We pulled up in the driveway and I helped her out of the car. I led her into the bathroom. " You can sit on the counter." I said. She obeyed. I saw her look into the mirror. Her face filled with hatred of what she saw in the mirror. " This might sting a little bit." I warned. I pressed the cotton ball to her cheek. Hayley winced. I wiped the blood off her face with water from the sink. Her face was so beautiful. How could anyone do this to her? Her peach skin, so flawless. Her green eyes, as green as the grass outside. " And we're done." I helped her off the counter and into the living room. " You can sit on the couch if you like." I told her. I sat on the big comfy armchair I usually fall asleep in. Hayley looked so petite and frail against the massive furniture. "Hayley, who did this to you?" I stared into her big green eyes. She avoided my gaze. " Just some girls who go to my university." Hayley answered. University?! Harvard is the only university that is nearby. But that school is only for smart kids! Not that Hayley didn't look smart, but...ya know. "You go to Harvard?" I asked, whistling under my breath. " Yeah." I got up from the armchair. " Do you want to go home now?" I asked. " I guess." She got up and followed me back to the car.