Chapter 2

Hayley's P.O.V.
" Where do you live?" Andy asked as he slipped into the driver's seat. I don't know about this. Andy is the most perfect guy ever, but I don't know if I want to start another relationship after...I tell Andy the address without another moment of hesitation. "What are you majoring in at Harvard?" Andy asked. "Medical." I answered. Before I knew it we were at my house. "Thanks for everything Andy." I start to get out of the car, but Andy calls me back. "Wait! Hayley um let me look for something to write on. He scrambles around all of the stuff in a pocket in the backseat. He tears off a piece of paper and writes numbers on it. "Write your number on this piece of paper." Andy gives me a paper and I scribble the digits on it. I hand it to him without a word. "Here's my number. Call if you want to talk." I get out of the car. "Bye Andy." "Bye Hayley." Andy drives off, leaving a piece of his heart with me.
Andy's P.O.V.
"Where do you live?" I asked as I got in the driver's seat. That sounded way too stalkerish. Hayley tells me the address and I start to drive. The silence is killing me. "What are you majoring in at Harvard?" I asked. "Medical." Hayley answered. Too soon we were at Hayley's house. I could tell that she lived alone because of the vacancy I felt in the air. Hayley started to get up. " Wait! Hayley um let me look for something to write on." I said too anxiously. I shuffled through all of the papers I had in the backseat pocket. I tore off a piece of a Hot Topic receipt and wrote my number on it. Here's my number. Call if you want to talk." Hayley gets out of the car and I speed away, feeling like I left many undiscovered secrets behind.
Hayley's P.O.V.
I unlocked the front door of my house and immediately ran into the bedroom. I climbed into the big fluffy bed and cried. I don't know why I was crying. I just met my idol and he gave me his number. Velinda is just a girl who's jealous, right? That's what everyone's been telling me. But what she said was right. I am a loser. I got up and looked at myself in the mirror. My face was all splotchy now that I cried. No wonder Velinda bullied me. I'm a pale, too skinny, clumsy, and short girl. I don't get why Andy even got out of his car for me. I got back in bed, curled up in a ball, and fell asleep crying.
Andy's P.O.V
I drove home, still thinking about Hayley. I go inside my house to only flop on the bed with a sappy smile on my face. I look at the digits scribbled on the piece of paper. Her writing is so elegant. I wonder if it's too early to call her now? I sigh. I can't fall in love. I can't! I always end up having my heart broken. Maybe this time won't be the same. I daydream about Hayley all night. I wonder if she is doing the same. How could someone so beautiful be hurt by others who don't acknowledge it?