Chapter 1

It was my first day of school, and I was nervous. I was a senior now and I had to go to a new school. I sighed as I got dressed in a Metallica shirt. I walked downstairs to see my dad standing there as he growled, "Where's my breakfast?" I hurried over to the cabinets and stuttered, "I-I'm making it r-right n-now." I struggled to reach the pan that was on the top shelf. I yelped as I was shoved to the ground. I looked up only to see his hand as it grabbed my hair. He pulled me off the floor and banged my face against the island countertop. "If you are making it right now then why is there not a pan on the stove and the smell of food?!" My nose gushed blood as I prayed for him to stop. He stopped and threw me to the ground and growled, "I'll do it myself you worthless piece of shit!" I hurried into the bathroom to clean up my nose and cover up the bruises forming on my face. I grabbed my bag and ran out the door just to see the bus start to pull away. "Wait!" I ran as fast as I could down my lawn, but it was too late. The bus had left me in it's dust. I stomped my foot and cursed to the sky, "Fuck my life!!!" My head snapped as I heard a honk. I saw a sleek, black car pull up. The tinted windows rolled down to reveal the most gorgeous thing I had ever laid my eyes upon. A man with long, black hair that was swept back and the darkest brown eyes I had ever seen stared at me. His face was pale and he had well-drawn eyebrows. He wore black lipstick on his pierced lips. He had tattoos threatening to burst out of his shirt and on his hands. I almost wanted to bow before him as if he was a god. I didn't realize he had talked to me until he had honked the horn again. "Huh?" I blushed in embarrassment. He said in a smooth voice, "Need a ride? I saw the way you ran trying to get that bus and by the way you stomped your foot and yelled I am guessing you go to the high school." I nodded and walked over to the passenger side. I didn't give a shit about stranger danger when it came to this god of a man. When I got in he started playing a cd and metallica came on. I gasped, "You listen to Metallica?!" He smiled, "Yes, and based on your shirt, I guess you do too." "So, will you be late to your job if you drop me off?" He chuckled, "That is where my job is. I'm going to be teaching music and art." My jaw dropped as I stared at him. He just had to have a catch, didn't he? Fuck. My. Life. "I haven't introduced myself. I'm Mr. Cerulli." "Elizabeth, but most people call me Lizzie. That's an IE not a Y." We went silent after that and I sang along as we drove to school. We got to school and as soon as we hit the entrance hallway he said, "I guess this is where we go our seperate ways." I nodded sadly. "I hope you're one of my students Elizabeth." I sighed, "Me too." With that I headed to the office which was dead ahead. I got my schedule. I found my locker and put stuff in. I started to head to one of my first classes when someone tripped me. I looked up to see a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Miss Barbie sarcatically said, "Oops. I'm sorry." I got back up and walked away as I scrolled through the rest of my classes. I smiled as I spotted: Art. Mr. Cerulli. The day went by in a blur, but when it came to my last hour I was excited. I started to speedwalk quicker and quicker to art as I thought of seeing Mr. Cerulli again.