Chapter 15

*Chris's pov*
I pulled up to the place that Elizabeth told me they'd be. I saw another car parked there. I looked inside of it to see bloody bandages. Elizabeth. I carefully opened the door and stepped inside. I heard a muffled male voice somewhere close-by. I followed the voice to see in a single light Elizabeth bound by her hands and he had his pocket knife out and began tracing it along her skin, but not pressing down. The cut on her side was bigger than it looked. "I know what you did you bitch. You gave away our position. Now you will pay by watching your boyfriend die." I panicked as I grabbed a rock of the ground and threw it as far as I could and heard a thud. Her father moved his head in the direction. "Speak of the devil. I'll be back to punish you." He walked away and as soon as he was far enough I quietly walked up to Elizabeth. Her eyes widened in surprise and hope. I looked around for something to cut her down with and found a piece of metal. It was sharp enough to do the job. I cut her down and grabbed her hand, "You're coming with me. You'll be safe." Then out of the darkness came her father, "I don't think so. I told you to stay away Chris." I growled as I signaled Elizabeth to back up a bit, "I'm not letting you harm her ever again." He chuckled, "You can't do that if you're dead now can you?" He came at me with the  knife and I dodged and punched him. He wavered a bit, but came at me again.

*Elizabeth's pov*
I felt like there was nothing I could do as my father and Chris fought. Suddenly, I saw my dad stab Chris with his pocket knife. Chris's face twisted in pain as he let out a heart wrenching cry as he fell to the ground."Chris!" I screamed. Chris stared back at my father as he lay there. I saw the metal shard Chris had cut me down with and grabbed it. I quietly walked up to my dad and stabbed him in his back. I pulled out and he fell to his back, wriggling in pain. "That was for me and all those years you hurt me. And this... This is for Chris." I stabbed him in his chest. He made a gurgling noise as his eyes drained of life until became dull and glazed over. He sighed out his last breath. I stared at his body in shock. He's dead. He's really dead. "Elizabeth," Chris choked out. I rushed to his side. "Chris." He put his hand in mine as I stuttered, "S-Should I pull it out?" He shrugged. I grabbed it, "I'm sorry about this Chris." I yanked it out and Chris let out another cry. I put pressure on it and my tears threatened to spill. "Elizabeth. I'm sorry I broke my promise. I told you I would protect you, but I didn't. I could've been able to stop this." I shook my head, "It's not your fault Chris. Don't you dare blame yourself. Not about something like that. Not now! I love you Chris. I love you more than words." He smiled weakly, "I love you too." I helped him up and we went to his car. I lay him down in the back and drove. "Keep pressure on it Chris. Stay with me. Don't go into the light. Don't close your eyes." I kept checking up on him as I made my way to the nearest hospital, which was just a mile away. Who knew studying maps for Geography would be helpful. We reached the hospital and I grabbed Chris and drug him in. The nurse looked at me, "You're that missing girl." I nodded and said, "You need to help this man. He saved my life, and he's my boyfriend. Please save him." They got a gurney and lay him down. "You will have to wait here miss." I grabbed Chris's hand one more time before he left. I stated, "And tell the cops to go to the abandoned building about a mile east of here. The man who kidnapped me is dead." I sat there for an hour before the doctor came out. "Is he okay? How is he? Can I see him?" The doctor chuckled, "Slow down. He is fine, just a few stitches. Yes you can see him, but not before we stitch you up as well. He told me about that slash. Would you mind coming with me so I could take a look?" I followed the doctor into an empty room. I lifted up my shirt to show the long cut. He gasped, "I'm so sorry. How long have you had this?" I shrugged, "Three or four days. I washed it and stuff." He nodded, "We'll need to stitch you up as well. Come with me." I followed him out and into one of the rooms. I sat on the bed and I winced as he did stitch after stitch. After I was done I had an estimated fifty stitches. "Now may I see him?" He nodded and showed me to Chris's room. I peeked in and saw Chris sitting in his hospital bed. I squealed, "Chris!" He smiled, "Elizabeth. Did you get your stitches as well?" I lifted my shirt to reveal my stitches. "Good. Less chance of infection." I smiled and kissed him. Oh how I missed his lips. We parted and I sighed, "I missed you so much. You were all I could think about." He smiled, "Same here." "Now we don't have to worry about him any more." Chris stroked my cheek, "Yes. We don't have to worry anymore."