Chapter 6

*Elizabeth's/ Lizzie's pov*
It has been a few months now and life was becoming unbearable. My dad raped me every night and beat me regularly. Last night he left me a hickey on my neck. I tried to cover it up, but it was still slightly visible. I groaned as I hurried out to the bus just in time. I got to school when I realized I forgot to make my dad breakfast. I almost fainted at the knowledge of what more I'd face when I got home. The classes passed by dreadfully quick. I got into art class and set my bag down when I was tripped by none other than Danielle. I looked up at her and she gasped, "Is that what I think it is?" She was staring at my neck. I put my hand over it and shook my head no. She gasped, "The witch got a hickey on her neck! Who did you fuck to get it?" I started to tear up as I saw Mr. Cerulli look hurt in some way, but it was replaced by shock as Danielle found the drawing of me and Mr. Cerulli that was slightly sticking out of my folder. "Did you fuck Mr. Cerulli?! Or is this a crush?" He stared at me with a look I couldn't describe. Tears streamed down my face as I grabbed the drawing along with my bag and ran out of the room. I ran around a couple halls and sat down. I took out a razor that was from when I used to harm myself. I had promised myself I wouldn't do it again, but I had never remembered to take it out. I put the cool metal to my skin and sliced. Crimson ran down my arm as I began doing more.
*Mr. Cerulli' pov*
I watched her run and dread filled me. I looked at Danielle and growled, "Go to the principles office and tell them you are getting a new class because I will not tolerate this in my classroom." Fear filled her eyes. She grabbed her bags and strutted quickly out of the room. I ran into the hallway and kept running until I saw a heartbreaking scene. Elizabeth was slashing her wrists. Her arms were covered in blood. I fell to my knee as I grabbed her arm and yelled, "Elizabeth. Stop!"

*Elizabeth/Lizzie's pov*
A hand grabbed mine. "Elizabeth. Stop!" I looked up to see the eyes of none other than Mr. Cerulli. I dropped the razor and stared at my arm in shock. What have I done? "Come with me Lizzie. Let's get you bandaged up." I started trembling to the point where I couldn't move. Mr. Cerulli noticed this and scooped me up bridal style and carried me to the classroom. The bell rang and he took me through an entrance that only teachers used. "Why did you do this to yourself? Why?!" I felt guilt as I heard the pain in his tone. "I-I just did it. Didn't think at all, just slashed." He grabbed some soap and water and started dabbing my wounds. "Fuck! Stop! It stings!" He stated, "We don't want this to get infected do we?" I shook my head and beared the pain. He bandaged up my arm and we sat there for a moment. "May I see that picture?" I sighed, "You already saw it didn't you?" He nodded, "But not in full detail." I handed him the drawing and he stared at it for a while. "Do you have a crush on me?" I became nervous as I sat there. "Please, tell me." I looked up at him, "Yes, but you weren't supposed to find out." He took my hand in his. "Who did give you that hickey?" I felt a lump grow in my throat. Sobs were threatening to escape. I choked, "I-I can't tell you." He sighed, "Can't or won't?" I shook my head, "Just take me home." He groaned, but took me out to his car and drove me home. As I was reaching for the door handle I felt a hand grab mine. "Elizabeth." I looked over at Mr. Cerulli who was staring at me in a way that made my heart flutter pleasantly.
He started to lean in, his eyes trailing down to my lips. I leaned in as well and closed my eyes. Our lips met and a beautiful emotion rushed over me. I kissed his warm, plump lips back. In that moment, I forgot about my terrible life, my abusive father, and the bullies at school. Because in that moment, I was actually, truly happy. We pulled away and he sighed, "I knew I liked you when I saw you running for that bus." I blushed, "I knew how I felt when I first saw you pull up." Then I remembered that my dad was probably in the house and saw what we just did. "I should go inside. Goodbye Mr-." "Please, call me Chris. Goodbye to you L-." I stated, "Please, call me Elizabeth. I like when you call me by that name." He smiled, oblivious to the beating I was about to recieve.