THG: Plot Twist #1

Plot twist #1

Katniss never volunteered for Prim. She was too cough up in shock to do anything. Katniss broke the minute the only person she was sure she loved was reaped. Tears rushed down her face, unable to move she only stared wide-eyed at her sister. She didn't even notice the boy with the bread being reaped. She didn't notice anything until somebody volunteered for the blond boy that had always admired Katniss. Katniss slowly turned to see who would ever volunteer. It couldn't be. Rory. Gale's little brother, had volunteered in place of Peeta Mellark. Katniss couldn't bring herself to look at Rory and Prim, so young, only children. Katniss turned to Gale who's face had paled in shock and sadness.

She pressed her fingers to her lips and held them up. Soon, others followed. This continued until Prim and Rory were led out. After, only three people remained. Katniss. Gale. Peeta.

Soon after the reaping, the interviews begun. The girl in district one was charming and cocky. The boy from 2 was handsome and confident. The interviews flew by until district 11 when the 12 year old Rue came on stage. She looked scared and nervous. Thresh, Rue's district partner however was big and told Caesar Flickerman he would give the world to protect Rue.

After district 12. Prim spun in her dazzling red dress that caught on fire. Rory. Rory confessed his undying love for Prim, leaving Prim blushing furiously in shock.

The games started days later.

Peeta came to Katniss's house everyday with bread and comfort. Gale sat in the woods devastated. Peeta and Katniss grew close as they watched Prim and Rory hug and hold hands and love each other. They allied with Rue, the girl from 11 until Marvel, the boy from 1 shot her. Prim and Rory surrounded her with flowers and watched her being lifted into the hovercraft. 8 days later, it was only Rory and Prim.

" I can't live without you." Rory confessed as he looked deeply into Prim's sorrowful eyes. Prim just shook her head and took a berry out. The berry was a dark color. Delicious looking, but deadly.

"No Rory." Prim sobbed. "I can't live without you. And at that moment Prim touched the berry to her lips. Slowly she opened her mouth. "I love you." She whispered softly as a tear fell down her cheek. Rory almost turned away, but something clicked in him. He couldn't live without this blond girl from district 12. Rory grabbed her hand with his and softly pressed his lips to her mouth. He let the juices of the nightlock berry flow into his mouth as Prim bit down on it.

Tears rolling down their young cheeks, Rory Hawthorne and Primrose Everdeen died with their hands still intertwined.