THG: Plot Twist #15

Plot Twist #15

Peeta looked at Katniss strangely. A spark of familiar recognition passed through him and he held his hand out. "Katniss Everdeen," he smiled. "It's a pleasure to finally talk to you."

Tears of rage sprang to Katniss's eyes. She opened her mouth, then realized. She couldn't talk. She couldn't ever communicate through her mouth to anyone ever again. Still, she took Peeta's hand.

He must have noticed the tears in her eyes because he went to pull her in for a hug. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to . . . I didn't really realize . . ."

Katniss let her tears fall silently and prayed that if Peeta died in the games it would be painless. She had always disregarded him, so the kindness he was showing was new to her.

When they finally pulled out of the hug, Peeta realized why Katniss had been sent to serve the tribute's of district 12. Primrose Everdeen. Katniss's sister. His mouth formed a tiny "O" and he took Katniss's hand.

"I'll take you to her," he whispered.

Prim's room was nicer than what she had at home. She took it all in, she had to enjoy what she had before she died.

Knock, knock. Someone was at the door.

Prim walked up cautiously and opened it, praying it wasn't Effie with her shrill, Capitol voice. It wasn't Effie. It was Peeta . . . And Katniss.

Before Katniss could even move, Prim was tackling her.

"Why are you here?" she breathed heavily.

Peeta shook his head sorrowfully and tried to explain to Prim what he knew.

After Prim was reaped, Katniss ran. She got all the way to District 7 before she was caught and turned into an Avox. President Snow, he guessed, was trying to make a statement by giving Prim her own sister as a servant. It was cruel.

Throughout the rest of training, Katniss served them. Prim and Peeta were always cautious in how much they are around her. Every night, Peeta would invite Katniss to his room. He would talk to her for hours, Katniss nodding or shaking her head. They fell in love, it just made Katniss feel worse.

Prim and Katniss spent time together every day, always doing something. When Prim found out they were in love, she was heartbroken. Not because she was jealous. But because she knew Katniss would loose another person.

The games went by slowly. Prim was the twenty-second to be killed. Right after Peeta, who dived in front of her to take the spear. Katniss watched in horror as the two people she had come to love most in this world died. She couldn't bring herself to end her own life though. They wouldn't want that.

Haymitch found her crying outside their old rooms one day. He only stopped to say two words before he went on to get more liquor.

"I'm sorry."

** A/N **

That one sucked but whatever. So, I'm almost at 1k reads yayyyyy. Tell your friends. Tell your family. Tell your inanimate objects. Tell you pets. Tell your enemies. Read. Read. Read.

Read.
Vote.
Comment.
Love.

Next ones coming soon and I will do better I promise. I just got lazy . . . Again. DON'T JUDGE ME.

Okay, bye.