THG: Plot Twist #11

Plot Twist #11

"Primrose Everdeen," Effie Trinket's high pitched voice filled the air.

Prim looked up startled, a confused look played across her face. She looked around to try and catch her sister's eye. But soon people around her started murmuring and nudging her out to get on stage. Prim couldn't believe it, she was so scared.

By the time she got up on stage Effie was already stalking over to the boys side. Prim didn't bother looking at the boys, instead she focused her attention on the girls. She scanned the crowd for her sister. Only when the boys name was called is when she saw Katniss. But whose name could ever possibly have that effect on Katniss. Katniss didn't just gasp or cry for anyone. Prim forces herself to turn her head to look at the boy. She was horrified at what she saw.

___________________________

"So tell me Gale, is there a special lady back home," Caesar Flickerman winked at Gale.

Gale shrugged. "I guess so."

"What do you mean by you guess? It's a yes or no question."

"Well, the girl isn't really back home."

"How so? The girl would be crazy not to love you. You just win this and she'll have to go out with you!"

"You see, it doesn't really work out that way in this case."

Caesar cocked his head in question.

"Well, she came here with me."

There was a gasp and then the lights flickered. The people of Panem were shocked. Katniss Everdeen was shocked. Primrose Everdeen even more so.

___________________________

During the games Prim and Gale pretended to be lovers. But as they grew closer and closer everyday, they had begun to fall for each other. Ever kiss. Every snuggle. Every hug. Everything added up to the real sparks between the two.

One night when they were hiding out in a secluded cave, Gale whispered something in Prim's ear.

"Ya know," he started. "I always thought this would be me and Katniss one day. Don't get me wrong I love this. This as in how your head is nestled into my chest and everything. I just never thought it would be us. But things don't always turn out the way you expect do they? What I'm trying to say is that I think both of our lives took a turn for the better. I mean we're still in this wretched place but. . . But we've found someone to love haven't we?"

Prim looked up at Gale wide eyed. She smiled a sad smile. "I love you," she said. "I love you and will never stop loving you. Even when you're dead. Even when I'm dead. I love you."

"And I love you," Gale whispered as he drifted off into a soundless sleep.

___________________________

The next morning, two cannons had sounded.

1. For a small, frail, but mighty blond haired girl who lived in the poverty of district twelve with her loving sister and mother.
2. A boy, strong and large who had many siblings and a mother who all loved him very much, he also lived in the poverty of district twelve.

Primrose Everdeen and Gale Hawthorne's last words to each other were, "I love you."

***** A/N*****

So maybe it wasn't happy. It was defiantly sweet? I hope at least. Anyway, comments and votes are appreciated. Sorry I haven't posted I have a lot of school. (And reading + Instagram = procrastination) but yeah..... AND OMFG THE DIVERGENT MOVIE IS COMING OUT SOON AND I CANT. I GUY IN WINDOWS ART SAID ITS A RIPOFF THE HUNGER GAMES AND ITS REALLY NOT. YES, THEY ARE BOTH DYSTOPIAN SCIENCE FICTION WITH LEAD GIRL CHARACTERS WITH OMFG WONDERFUL SOUL MATES AND TONS OF HOT FRIENDS BUT REALLY???? ITS NOT A RIPOFF AT ALL AND THAT GUY HASNT EVEN READ EITHER OF THEM SO HIS OPINIONS SHOULDN'T BOTHER ME. I'm sorry I has to get that out.... But anyways...Love you guys<4 (well that's how I do it *wink wink to those of you who are still reading and have read divergent* . Next plot twist might be happy. Or not. I don't know.