THG: Plot Twist #13

Plot Twist #13

"PRIM! GALE! MOM!" Katniss shrieked as she ran towards the people she had always known as family. She tackled them in happiness, for she was afraid she would never see them again. "I can't," she breathed out heavily. "Believe you're here!"

Prim smiled at her gently. "Of course we're here. Why wouldn't we be?"

Katniss shook her head sadly implicating that that was a story for another day. "I'm just so happy that I'm home safe with all of you and . . ." Katniss paused and glanced over at the blond boy just a few meters away. Her stare softened into a loving smile. "And Peeta."

Gale's eyes darkened for a fraction of a second, just long enough for Katniss to notice. Katniss's face turned to concern.

"Gale? Can we talk?" she asked tentatively.

Gale nodded darkly and motioned to the side.

"I'm sorry, Gale. I know things have been ha--" Katniss started.

"Katniss, it's okay," Gale smiled warmly at her. Katniss gave him a look of confusion. "I love you Katniss, but I know you love Peeta. And that's okay with me. You're happy aren't you?" He paused to wait for Katniss to nod. "I'll find someone that I can love as much as you and Peeta love each other.

Katniss gave him a look of sympathy and thanks as she pulled him into a warm embrace.

___________________________

3 Years Later

Katniss didn't expect the games to stop so soon. But she didn't mind, she was extremely relieved that Panem would be at peace again. She and Peeta had finally settled down. Gale had recently started dating Madge, the mayor's daughter. Everything had started falling into place. The Quarter Quell had passed with not only children going into the games but adults also. However terribly guilty Katniss felt, she was relieved that her family remained safe. Prim had even started dating Gale's smaller brother. It was perfect. Almost too perfect, Katniss thought. But she was just being paranoid. She was safe and so were her friends and family. Panem was at peace. For now, and forever.

A/N

So I got lazy with this one. At least it was a happy ending. But be warned, I write better tragedies.