Newt Scamander, Sir

"Gonna build a paper plane to float to you"

Raven Buchanan walked through the halls of the MACUSA; she had been visiting Credence that morning and was now trying to find Tina.

"Come on Tina, don't do this!" She muttered to herself as she entered the Auror office. Just as she had expected, Tina stood there being chastised by Madam Picquery carrying a case with a man with reddish-brown hair and a bright blue coat in tow.

"Yes, ma'am." Tina apologised, her head bowed. Understanding what was happening, Raven attempted to exit the room quietly, but her bright red locks betrayed her.

"Raven!" Madam Picquery called, "Please escort Miss Goldstein to her office." Raven let out a sigh, before nodding.

"Tina, Mr..."

"Scamander"

"Mr Scamander, please come with me." She said before exiting the room, the pair of them following her. Raven remained silent while they walked to the Wand Permit Office.

"Tina..." She began, but Tina ignored her.

"Have you got a wand permit, Mister Scamander?" She turned to Mr Scamander, picking up a pen and paper.

"I did a postal application weeks ago." He said, fidgeting with his case.

"Tina," Raven tried again before Tina's boss, Abernathy, walked into the office, causing Tina to hide under the desk.

"Tina!" Choosing not to be a part of the confrontation, Raven turned her sights to Mr Scamander. She began to study him, noticing something green poking out of his jacket.

"You've got a friend there, Mr Scamander." She said, lifting a hand to get him. "Shh, shh, I'm not going to hurt you," Raven promised the creature, which she identified as a Bowtruckle, trying to convince him to come out. He poked his head out to look at her before slowly climbing onto her finger. "There we are. Hello," Using her other hand, Raven waved to the Bowtruckle. "My name's Raven, do you have a name?"

"His name's Pickett." Raven looked up at Mr Scamander, just noticing how close she was to him.

"Oh, I'm sorry," She apologised, straightening up and stepping back. Then she raised her hand to look at Pickett. "Hello Pickett." The small creature grinned at her and she smiled back. "Here you go Mr, Scamander." Raven tried to give Pickett back to his owner, but he refused to leave her hand. "Come on Pickett, I'm sure that Mr. Scamander would like to have you back."

"He has attachment issues," He explained, "And he must like you." Raven smiled at him, raising her hand so Pickett could climb on her shoulder. Then her co-worker, Percival Graves, walked into the room.

"Raven, Tina." He nodded to his co-workers, and Raven tried to back away into the corner while Tina tried to convince Percival.

"He has come to America with a case full of magical beasts!" Tina said, putting the case in question on a table. Her fingers went to the latches, flicking the open despite Mr Scamander's pleas. Tina then flicked the case open, only to discover that it was full of pastries.

"Ohh, don't mind if I do!" Raven said, reaching in the grab one of the pastries, stopping when she felt Tina's glare on her.

"Tina..." Percival sighed in the same way Raven did earlier, and Tina was sick and tired of being treated like that. She sighed angrily before walking out of her office, Mr Scamander in tow.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Percy," Raven said, bumping shoulders with him before walking out after her friend.

"Tina! Mr Scamander!" She called after them, running to keep them in her sights.

"Leave me be, Raven!" Tina yelled walking off even faster, pulling a reluctant Mister Scamander along with her.

"Tina, I just want to help!" Raven pleaded when she began to feel a slight tugging on her hair. "Oh, what is it Pickett? Oh of course! Mr Scamander! Mr Scamander!" Her voice caused him to turn, wrenching his arm from Tina's grasp.

"What is it, Miss...?"

"Buchanan, but please, call me Raven. Pickett is trying to say something." She raised her hand, the small Bowtruckle standing on it. "Or go back to you. I don't know which it is..." Raven changed her hands to hold Pickett as he walked towards his owner.

"Come on then, Pickett." He held out his hand for the small creature to climb onto. Pickett turned to smile and wave at Raven, causing her to smile and wave back. Pickett climbed onto Mr Scamander's jacket. "If I can call you Raven, you can call me Newt." He extended a hand for her to shake. Raven smiled and shook his hand, but her smile fell as she saw an angry Tina storming back to them.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Newt asked his face full of concern.

"Where did you go running off too?!" Tina yelled at them, well more specifically Newt. Newt looked confused and a little scared, so Raven decided to step in.

"It was me, Tina. His little friend here wanted to go back to him." She pointed to the Bowtruckle hiding in Newt's jacket lapel. "Where are we going? I can help you know." Tina sighed before answering her question.

"We are going to the No-Maj that Mister Scamander forgot to obilivate." Raven nodded and began walking in the direction that Tina was headed in. Tina shook her head before following her friend while telling Newt off for not obilivate. Newt barely heard a word the angry American witch was saying to him; instead, he was focused on the beautiful red-head that danced along the pavement without a care in the world.