Blow Us All Away

"I'm counting down the days to go"

Raven apparated into an alleyway next to the orphanage, tucking her hair behind her ear. As thoughts of Newt and the others filled her mind, she pulled out her wand, ready to cast a patronus. Her thoughts turned to Credence, thinking of happy memories with him.

"Expecto Patronum," She said, watching as a stream of light flew out of her wand, forming into a silver badger. "I want you to find Tina and tell her that I'm okay and I'm with Credence, at the orphanage." The badger nodded at her, before flying off into the night sky. Raven smiled as she watched the silver streak flew through the dark sky before walking into the orphanage. She felt a shiver go down her spine as she walked through the abandoned building. She began to walk up the stairs when she saw the brick walls shatter and fall away. Credence was standing at the top of the stairs, fists clenched at staring angrily at someone.

"Credence," She whispered, reaching out her hand to him. He was the Obscurus, she realised.

"Ah," Percival's voice echoed out of Modesty's room. "You're the Obscurus." An angry roar came from Credence as Percival made his way towards him, and he exploded into the black magic of an Obscurus. He headed towards the door, causing Raven to dive out of the way. She watched as he destroyed the door of the building and ran out after him, hoping that she could calm him down in time.

~~~~~  

Tina watched from the cabin while Newt fed Frank some meat. Queenie was looking through his things, noticing a photograph of a woman with dark brown hair and a cunning smile.

"Newt, who's this?" She asked him, pointing to the photograph. He looked over at her, putting the bucket of meat down.

"That's, uh... no one." He said, walking over to feed the Mooncalves. Newt tried to ignore Queenie, to block her out of his mind, but failed.

"Leta Lestrange?" She asked, digging through his thoughts. "I've heard of that family. Aren't they, kinda... you know?"

"Please don't read my mind." He said, throwing out feed towards the calves. He could still feel her in his mind, and grew frustrated, putting the feed down. "Sorry- I asked you not to."

"I know," Queenie said softly, "I'm sorry, I can't help it. People are so easy to read when they are hurting."

"I'm not hurting," Newt lied, "Anyway, it was a long time ago."

"That was a real close friendship you had." She noted. Tina wanted to go up to Queenie, to tell her to stop when Newt was hurting, but she knew that Queenie would have a point, it would just take a while for her to get to it.

"Yes, well, neither of us really fitted in at school, so we-"

"-Became real close. For years." Queenie said, concerned. "She was a taker, you need a giver." It looked like she was going to say more when Jacob came over; he had been feeding the Occamies.

"What are you talking about?"

"Ah, nothing," Newt said, looking at Queenie for an escape.

"School!" She said, cheerily.

"School," He agreed, nodding his head.

"Did you say school?" Jacob asked, intrigued. "Is there a school? Is there a wizarding school here? In America?"

"Of course!" Queenie exclaimed, "Ilvermory! It's the best wizarding school in the whole world!" Newt let out a laugh.

"I'd think you'd find that the best wizarding school in the world is Hogwarts." He said, quietly.