It's Quiet Uptown

"You hold your child as tight as you can and push away the unimaginable"

Raven let out an anguished scream as she saw Credence disappear from her sight, Tina instantly by her side. When she needed her most, Tina was right on time. She didn't cry, although she could feel the wetness of tears hitting her face. Raven just sat on the tracks, stunned.

"You fools!" Graves cried, turning to the Aurors. "Do you realise what've done?"

"The Obscurial was killed on my orders, Mister Graves." Madam Picquery emerged from the group of Aurors, causing Raven to turn to her, disgusted.

"Yes. And history will surely note that, Madam Picquery." Graves said, "What was done here tonight was not right!" With the help of Tina, Raven stood in front of Madam Picquery.

"On your orders, a young wizard, my son, was killed." She stood tall in front of Madam Picquery, "I will make sure that history will not forget about this. The world will know his name." Newt was amazed with how powerful Raven looked, despite her hands shaking and legs wobbling and the tears streaming down her cheeks. Her eyes seemed to be glowing with fire as she stared down Madam Picquery. The President was the first to look way, before regaining her presidential stance.

"He was responsible for the death of a No-Maj. He risked the exposure of our community. He has broken one of our most sacred laws-"

Graves cut her off, laughing bitterly. "A law that has us scuttling like rats in the gutter! A law that demands that we conceal our true nature! A law that directs those under its dominion to cower in fear lest we are discovered! I ask you, Madam President, I ask all of you, who does this law protect? Us? Or them? I refuse to bow down any longer."

"Aurors, I'd like you to relieve Mister Graves of his wand and escort him back to-"

Graves backed away when a white light appeared, trapping him in place. He began to shoot spells at the Aurors, sending a few flying. Newt was quick to release the Swooping Evil, blocking the spells while he pulled his wand out. A rope flew forwards, wrapping itself around Graves' legs and knocking him to the floor. Tina summoned his wand, grabbing in her other hand.

"Reivilo," Newt advanced oh Graves, casting the spell. Suddenly Percival Graves turned into Gellert Grindelwald. Two Aurors come on either side of the dark wizard, hosting him up from the floor, and taking him to Madam Picquery.

"Do you think you can hold me?" Grindelwald sneered.

"We'll do our best, Mister Grindelwald." Madam Picquery answered, before he was taken away by the Aurors. Newt instantly turned to Raven, who had turned white. He wrapped her in a hug, letting her cry on his shirt. Soon, Jacob and Queenie, who had been keeping Newt's case safe, came into the subway. Jacob held the case out to Newt.

"Hey, I figured someone better keep on eye on this thing," He said, not realising what had happened. Queenie let out a gasp, instantly going to Raven's side and holding her.

"Thank you," Newt said, holding Raven's hand.

"We owe you an apology, Mister Scamander." Madam Picquery walked over to him, ignoring Raven. "But the magical community is exposed! We can't obilivate a city!" Newt looked down at his case, before looking back at Madam Picquery.

"Actually, I think we can." Newt set down his case, opening so that one particular creature could fly out. Frank, in all his glory, flew out, finally free.

"I was intending to wait until we got to Arizona, but it seems now you are our only hop, Frank." They shared a meaningful look, on of understanding and love. Newt ran his hand through his feathers, possibly for the last time. "I'll miss you, too." He mumbled, before throwing the vial of Swooping Evil venom to the Thunderbird. "You know what to do." Frank caught the tube in his beak, letting out a sharp cry. He flew up into the sky, the sounds of thunder following only seconds later. Rain began to fall while the Aurors fixed the broken subway, leaving to fix the rest of the city once they were finished.

"They won't remember anything. That venom has incredibly powerful obliviative properties." Newt explained to Madam Picquery.

"We owe you a great debt, Mister Scamander." She began, "Now, get that case out of America."

"Yes, Madam President." He mumbled, looking down at his feet. She began to walk away, before turning back to them. Queenie, who was still holding Raven close to her chest, stood in front of Jacob protectively. It seemed that Raven had forgotten how to walk, depending fully on Queenie to keep her up right. She had always enjoyed conversations with Queenie, she always knew what Raven was feeling.

"Is that No-Maj still here?" Madam Picquery asked, before spotting him, "Obilivate him. There can be no exceptions. I'm sorry, but even one witness... you know the law. I'll let you say goodbye." She walked away from the group, who looked back to Jacob with heartbroken faces before making their way outside.

They trudged up the steps of the subway, Raven by Tina's side. Jacob reaches the top of the stairs first, Queenie reaching a hand out to grab his jacket.

"Hey. Hey, this is all for the best. Yeah- I was- I was never even supposed to be here." Jacob looked around, "I was never supposed to know any of this. Everybody knows that Newt only kept me around- hey, Newt, why did you keep me around?"

"Because I like you," Newt admitted, look up from his feet. "Because you're my friend and I'll never forget how you helped me, Jacob." His answer caused Jacob to be overcome with emotion.

"Oh." He said tears visible in his eyes.

"I'll come with you." Queenie said, moving closer to Jacob. "We'll go somewhere, anywhere." Her words caused a loud sob to come from Raven, as she remembered the words she had said to Credence only a day ago. "See, I ain't going to find anyone like-"

"There are loads like me." Jacob brushed her words off.

"No... no, there's only one like you." She said, softly.

"I gotta go." Jacob said. Raven could hear the pain his voice, it was so similar to the pain in her heart.

"Jacob," Newt tried to sway Jacob from his decision.

"It's okay," He said, forcing a smile. "It's just like waking up, right?" With that, he took a tentative step into the rain, his face towards the sky. The water washed over him, just like the tears that washed over Raven's face. Queenie conjured an umbrella and walked out into the rain, towards Jacob. She gently placed a kiss on his lips, not wanting him to forget her. Slowly, she pulled away, and walked back towards the group, now crying. Tina pulled Queenie into a hug, Newt doing the same to Raven before they disapparated.

As they reappeared in the Goldstein's apartment, Raven collapsed to the floor, sobbing her heart out, Queenie soon joining her. They fell asleep in each other's embrace. Tina let out a solemn smile when she saw the pair, helping them both into bed, bringing them coca. Once they were settled, she offered Newt Raven's room for the night, or for however long he was staying. Newt wanted to stay in New York forever with the girl he had fallen in love with in only a matter of days, but he knew he had already overstayed his welcome. For once, in what had seemed like ages, Newt finally had a good night's sleep.