Stay Alive

"I just want you to know who I am"

"I am truly sorry about your creatures, Mister Scamander." Tina apologised. "I truly am." Newt jus remained silent, head in his hands.

"What did Raven do?" Jacob asked, worried for his new friend.

"You'll have to ask her yourself," Tina told him, revealing that she knew what had happened.

"What's an Obscurus...? Obscurial thingy?" Jacob tried again, wanting answers.

"There hasn't been one in centuries-" Tina was cut off by Newt.

"I met one in Sudan three months ago." Newt began, "There used to be more of them but some still exist. Before wizards went underground, when we were still being hunted by muggles, young wizards and witches sometimes tried to suppress their magic to avoid prosecution." He looked down to the floor, "Instead of learning to harness or control their powers, they developed what we call an Obscurus." Jacob turned to Tina, still confused.

"It's an unstable, uncontrollable dark force that bursts out and, well, attacks then disappears." She explains, looking to Newt. "Obscurials can't survive long, can they?" Tina asked.

"There has never been a documented case of an Obscurial lasting past the age of ten." Newt said before pausing and running a hand through his hair. "The one I met in Africa was right when... when she... she died." His face was flooded with emotion as he thought of the girl he couldn't save.

"What are you telling me here- that Senator Shaw was killed by a... a, uh, kid?" Silence fell on the three as the thoughts of Obscurials filled their minds.

"Come on!" A rough voice broke the silence and Newt was instantly by the bars, peering out to see if Raven had come back. "Hurry up!" A slap was heard and then the three were gifted with the sight of Raven being dragged towards them, her face red.

"Raven," Newt gasped as he saw the girl. The guard opened the door to the cell and roughly pushed her inside before walking off. Once the guard was gone, Newt ran right to her side.

"Are- are you alright?" He asked, gently touching her face.

"Yeah, don't worry about me;" She grinned at him, "I will always be alright."

"What did they ask you?" Tina asked, looking at her friend.

"Well, the Minister just wanted to know what had happened to me and why I ran away. I also annoyed Percy and that was fun, so it has been a good day." She grinned at Tina.

"Percy?" Newt asked, looking between the two of them.

"Mr Graves, I nicknamed him Percy," Raven explained, not missing the slight jealous tone to Newt's voice.

"Why did you run away, Raven?" Jacob asked, looking at his new friend. Gone was Raven's happy and upbeat attitude, a sad one replacing it.

"I don't really want to talk about this right now, I'm sorry Jacob." Then, three women in white robes came to escort Newt, Tin and Raven away their interrogation. Newt turned back to Jacob who had been left alone in the cell.

"It was nice to make your acquaintance, Jacob, and I hope you get your bakery," He said, and Raven waved, a grin on her face.

"Bye, Jacob!" She yelled, getting silenced by one of the ladies pulling her arm roughly. The three of them were taken to an interrogation room; Percival was already waiting there for them. Raven grinned when she saw him.

"Hey, Percy, I'm back!" She said, before being forced to sit in a metal chair, Newt being forced into the other one while Tina stood at the back.

"You're an interesting man, Mister Scamander," Percival said, ignoring Raven.