What'd I Miss?

"Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum"

Raven loved the moments that she could spend with Credence but, unfortunately, she knew they had to end.

"Hold my arm tightly, Credence." She instructed holding her arm out, "Let's get you home." It broke her heart to say those words, but she didn't want to risk him having another beating. Credence complied, holding tightly onto her arm. Raven let out a breath before apparating away to an alleyway near the Barebone household. "I'll try to meet with you tomorrow, but if I'm not there, don't worry. I'll see you the next day." She grinned at him, kissing his head on last time before sending him off.

"Goodbye, Raven." Credence said, pulling her into a hug, before leaving. Tears pricked at her eyes as she watched him leave. Raven closed her eyes before apparating to Central Park. She was shocked to see it completely destroyed with animals running wild everywhere.

"Newt?" She called out, looking around, trying to find him. Then, she heard a loud grunt coming from the frozen lake behind her along with frightened screams. Raven turned on the spot, running over to help. She stood on the snow-covered mountain overlooking the lake only to see Newt's case sucking an Erumpent into it as it rapidly slid towards a frightened Mr Kowalski. It got a good lick of Mr Kowalski before completely disappearing into the case, Newt slamming it shut and locking it.

"Good show, Mr Kowalski," Newt said to him and Raven started clapping her hands loudly and cheering.

"Bravo, bravo, Mr Kowalski! Take a bow." She yelled out to the pair, making them turn to her.

"About time you showed up!" Newt called back, making her laugh. She ran down the hill to the pair.

"Just like me, fashionably late." Raven then turned to Mr Kowalski, wrapping him into a hug. "You were absolutely brilliant, Mr Kowalski."

"Please, call me Jacob." He grinned at the both of them.

"Two down, one to go!" Newt said optimistically, as they made their way back into the case. As soon as Newt pulled the top of the case down, a curious and annoyed Tina walked out from behind the bridge she was hiding behind. She quickly sat on it and locked the case. With a tight grip on the case, Tina stood up and apparated to the MACUSA. She quickly walked through the halls, towards where Madam Picquery was.

"I will not be lectured by the man who let Grindelwald slip through his fingers." Tina could hear her voice from outside the lecture hall but walked in any way.

"Madam Picquery, I'm sorry to interrupt, but this is critical-" She cut herself off when she saw that she had walked into a worldwide meeting.

"Miss Goldstein, you better have an excellent excuse for this intrusion." Her tone was strong and harsh.

"Yes I do," Tina took a deep breath before continuing, "Ma'am, yesterday a wizard entered New York with a case full of magical creatures and well, some have escaped."

"He arrived yesterday, Miss Goldstein? You've known for a full twenty-four hours that an unregistered wizard set magical beasts lose in New York and you see fit to only tell us when someone has been killed?"

"Who had been killed?" She faltered, not knowing what had happened. She looked up to see a hologram of Senator Shaw lying motionless surrounded by lights.

"Where is this man?" Madam Picquery asked, ignoring Tina's earlier question. Tina put the case down on the ground, unlocking it and knocking on the top. Everyone leaned in closer as the lid of the case flipped open. Newt popped out of the top of the case, looking sheepish, followed by Jacob. Raven carefully poked her head out from the case, looking around at who was there. She saw the Minister of Magic standing there and began weighing the decisions between hiding in the case or exposing herself to the Minister.

"Scamander?" The Minister said, peering closer at the case.

"Theseus Scamander? The war hero?" A man from the crowd asked.

"No, this is his little brother. And what in the name of Merlin are you doing here?"

"I came to buy an Appaloosa Puffskein, sir," Newt said innocently.

"What are you really doing here?" The Minister asked, not convinced "And is that... Miss Buchanan?" Raven winced at her last name, knowing that there was no way back now.

"Hello, Minister," Raven said loudly, pulling herself up fully from the case.

"You have been missing, presumed dead, for fourteen years!" His words made Newt and Jacob look to her, shocked.

"Yes, Minister, but as you can see I am very much alive." She said.

"Then who is this?" Madam Picquery took the meeting back under her control.

"This is Jacob Kowalski, Madam President," Tina said, embarrassed. "He's a No-Maj how got bitten by one of Mister Scamander's creatures."

"Merlin's beard," Newt gasped, looking up at Senator Shaw's body.

"You know which one of your creatures was responsible, Mr Scamander?" A woman asked.

"No creature did this... don't pretend. You must know what this is, look at these marks." Newt said looking around at the crowd. "This was an Obscurus that did that." His words made the crowd mutter worryingly.

"You go too far, Mister Scamander. There is no Obscurial in America. Impound that case Mister Graves." Madam Picquery demanded.

"Give that-" Newt tried to grab his case, but was forced to the floor by a spell, his wand going flying.

"Arrest them!" She demanded and Tina, Jacob and Raven were forced to the floor next to him, their wands taken away from them.

"No-no- don't hurt those creatures please, don't. You don't understand- nothing in there is dangerous- nothing!" Newt pleaded.

"Mr Graves, you will take Miss Buchanan along with the case to be inspected. The Minister will join you shortly." Madam Picquery told the Auror, who nodded and grabbed one of Raven's arms.

"No- please don't," Newt started thrashing to be let go. Raven turned to Percival.

"Let me calm him down and I will go with you willingly." He nodded and she ran to Newt's side, crouching down to look him in the eyes.

"Shh, calm down Newt. I'll be fine, I suppose they just want an explanation and then I will be back with you." She cupped his face with her hands, "I'll see you later." She kissed his cheek before walking back to Percival's side and going with him. He opened the door to his office, letting her inside.

"Sit down," He said, pointing to a chair across from his desk.

"You know, Percy, I've never been inside your office before," She grinned looking around, "It's quite nice."

"This is a serious matter, Raven," He sighed, massaging his temples.

"You know why I ran away, Percy. He would have killed me if I hadn't!" She pleaded as the Minister walked into the room.

"Miss Buchanan, what are you doing in America?" He asked, looking at her with her with his eyebrows raised.

"I ran away," Raven answered as innocently as she could.

"Please explain why you ran away, Miss Buchanan," He sighed.

"I... um... I was pregnant," She stuttered out, "I couldn't go back; my father would have killed me. So I ran away, I took passage on a ship that was New York bound."

"And where is this child?" The Minister asked.

"I put him up for adoption I don't know where he is now." She lied. The Minister nodded.

"I will alert your family that you are alive and well and living in America."

"Thank you, Minister," Raven said as he exited the room. Another man then walked into Percival's office.

"I'm sorry, Raven, but you were found in Mister Scamander's suitcase, so you will be taken to the cells as well." She nodded as the man grabbed her arm and roughly took her to the cells where Tina, Newt and Jacob resided.