A Wizard's Ball

"Yesterday is gone and you will be okay"

Queenie had managed to get the group out of the MACUSA and to a safe place and Raven couldn't be anymore grateful the woman's quick thinking and charm. Newt had given her a medicine that calmed her down. She sat on at the edge of the rooftop when they were let out of the case, talking to Pickett, who had gone back to her hand.

"Should I tell him, Pickett? I know that he'll have questions..." She said, listening to the chirpings of the creature. Newt watched, amazed, as the red head talked to the Bowtruckle. Only he had been able to understand them before. He wanted to talk to her, check up on her. She seemed really upset after what happened in the MACUSA.

"Graves always insisted the disturbances were caused by a beast," Tina said, breaking his stare, "We need to catch all your creatures so he can't use them as a scapegoat."

"There's only one missing," He told her, "Dougal, my Demigise."

"Dougal?" Tina asked.

"There's only a slight...um..." Newt paused.

"He's invisible."

"Invisible? How do you catch something that's invisible?" Tina asked, exasperated.

"With immense difficulty,"

"Gnarlak," Raven said quietly, Pickett had repositioned himself on her shoulder as she was over to them

"Who?"

"Gnarlak! Of course, Raven. He used to be my informer when I was an Auror." Tina explained, "He used to deal magical creatures on the side."

"He wouldn't happen to have an interest in paw prints, would he?" They got ready to apparate to the bar that Gnarlak would normally be in, but Raven stood to the side, gently taking Pickett of her shoulder.

"Here, I have a feeling you are going to need him later," She said, setting the Bowtruckle in his lapel.

"Aren't you coming with you, Ray?" Queenie asked, touching her friends shoulder affectionately. She shook her head, looking down at her feet. Newt and Tina shared a look, worried about Raven. They could only imagine what she had been through, being so close to death.

"I'd, um, prefer that you come with us, Raven," Newt stumbled over his words as he came up with a reason for her to stay with them, with him. "I hadn't really tested the medicine that I, um, gave you so I, uh, don't really know what could happen." He smiled innocently as Queenie's angry eyes fell on him.

"You did what?" Newt looked to Queenie, quite out of his depth. Seeing Newt's terror, Raven laid a hand on her arm.

"I'm sure Newt didn't mean to do something so reckless, Queenie." She sighed, "But I will go." At her words, they apparated away, only to reappear in an alleyway that was covered in bins. Raven looked around; noticing at the resemblance to the alleyways she'd meet Credence in. Queenie gently tapped her shoulder, indicating for her to change before walking into the bar. She nodded raising her wand, changing her outfit into her jewelled green dress that Queenie had given to her for Christmas one year. Newt gently placed his hand on her back, escorting her into the bar. It was a weird change to not see Raven talking to everybody and being so distant. They sat down at a table together while Tina went to find Gnarlak. Newt awkwardly looked over to her, wanting to start a conversation.

"Um... Are you okay?" He asked, putting his hand over hers, "I can't imagine what you must feel like after... that."

"I'm okay, Newt." She said, smiling slightly at him. "I'm always okay." He smiled back at her, happy to see that she was smiling.