Dear Credence

"I'll make the world safe and sound for you"

Raven looked around the suitcase, before turning back to Newt.

"Newt..." She fluttered her eyelashes at him, "Can I go and explore? Please?" He let out a sigh, considering how well the creatures had accepted her.

"Fine."

"Thank you!" She squealed and let forward, giving him a kiss on the cheek before running off. Newt blushed bright red, turning back to Mr Kowalski.

"You didn't see that did you?" He turned redder when Mr Kowalski confirmed his suspicions, making Mr Kowalski laugh. Raven walked through the different the exhibits, studying the different animals she came across. She walked through a moonlit area when she came across a snowy area. She poked her head inside to see a floating ball of a black substance. It slowly moved its way around the habitat, making its way over to her. She knew she shouldn't have gone closer to it, but she did. Raven felt the tears streaming down her cheeks and the previous feeling of happiness abandoned her.

"Newt," Her words came out as a whisper. "Newt!" She called, trying to run but she was frozen in place. Her prayers were answered when she heard the sound of footsteps coming towards her.

"Raven," Newt pulled her away from the black substance and into his chest. Mr Kowalski walked into the room after him.

"What's that?" He asked, enchanted by the black swirls.

"An Obscurus." Her voice was quiet and broken. Raven pulled away from Newt's embrace, turning to face him. "Sorry about your shirt." She apologised. Newt started get the group to walk out of the habitat and into his cabin.

"It's quite alright." He looked down at her, "Are you alright?" She wiped her eyes, trying to mask the fact that she was crying.

"I'm fine." She lied, "Have you found which creatures got out?"

"Yes, Mr Kowalski is going to take us to Central Park." He said as they started to climb the stairs to get out of the suitcase.

"Oh," Newt looked back to her.

"Oh?"

"I'm sorry, but I've got to go somewhere." Raven bit her lip, "Someone to meet. How about I'll meet you there and then we'll find the rest of the creatures?" Newt frowned at the thought of her walking around in New York City by herself, but nodded.

"Okay, we'll see you there."

"Good luck!" Raven waved them off as they apparated away. She then turned and started getting dressed into warmer clothes. Once she was ready, she grabbed her wand and apparated into the street where Credence usually handed out flyers. Raven looked around trying to find him, when she saw him get bumped into by a careless stranger. She quickly walked up him, wanting to talk to him. She kept her head low and helped him gather up the flyers.

"Hello, Credence." She smiled up at him, watching him smile back at her.

"Hello, Raven," She flinched at the way he called her by her name.

"I'll take the rest of these flyers if you want?" Raven told him, knowing that both of her drawers were already filled with them.

"No, no it's okay." Credence loved the moments when he was with Raven; it felt like he was free from his mother, free from everything that could hurt him. She grinned at him before taking the rest of the flyers and shoving them into her purse, before walking into an alleyway, Credence following after a minute.

"Let me see your hands," She instructed pulling her wand from her sleeve. He looked down at his feet.

"You don't think I'm a freak, do you?" He mumbled, looking up at her. She gasped, cupping his face with her hands.

"No, I know you're not a freak. You're very special, okay?" She kissed the top of his head before letting him go. "One day, you'll blow us all away."

"Now let me see your hands." He gently opened his hands, showing her the wounds his mother gave him. Raven frowned, waving her wand over his hands to heal them.

"One day, when I get my own place, we can run away from here together," She pulled him to her chest, hugging him tightly. "We can go to Scotland and I'll show the Highlands. You can meet my siblings. We can go wherever we want, as long as we are together."

"You promise?"

"I promise, Credence." Raven kissed the top of his head, "I promise."