What Comes Next

Newt woke the next morning to the smell of sweet smell of baked goods. He walked into the kitchen to see Queenie pulling out a tray of croissants. He smiled sadly at her, knowing that she hadn't used magic to make the breakfast.

"Good morning, Newt," Queenie said, her voice cracking in the middle. "Could you grab the jam?" She pointed a gloved hand towards a kitchen cupboard, taking the croissants to the table.

"Thank you," She said, taking off her oven gloves. "I'm going to wake Tina and Raven now, but you can start if you want." Queenie smiled sadly at him, before leaving the room. She gently knocked on the door, before turning the door knob and walking inside.

"Hey," She whispered, waking Tina gently. "Good morning," They both looked over to Raven, who was still asleep in Queenie's bed. Tina left the two mourning girls alone, going to the main room.

"Hey, Raven." Queenie brushed the red hair that somehow seemed darker and dead, away from Raven's face. "Do you want to come have breakfast with us?" Raven opened her closed eyes, looking up at her friend, grabbing her hand.

"No thank you, Queenie." She said, directing her eyes at the wall, "I'd just like to lay here."

"Okay, honey." She paused, "Newt's leaving tomorrow, you know?"

"I know,"

"I thought you might like to show him, Central Park. I remember you loved it when Tina and I took you there when you came here." Raven let out a small smile.

"I might later, but I'd like to be alone right now." Queenie nodded, patting her shoulder.

"I'll save you a croissant," She said, leaving the room. Once she was alone, Raven let the tears flow freely from her eyes. Queenie leant her back against the door, feeling the sadness that flowed like waves from where Raven was lying. She desperately wanted to help her friend, but it seemed like Raven only wanted to be by herself. She left the room, going back into the dining room.

"Where's Raven?" Newt asked, noticing the red head's absence.

"She... doesn't want breakfast." Queenie sat down at the table, "But, she's offered to take you to Central Park later." Newt nodded, taking a bite into his croissant.

"Um... Could I be, uh, excused?"

"Um, sure," Tina said, and Newt instantly stood up from the table and walked down the hall. He went to Tina and Queenie's room, lifting a hand to knock on the door, only stopping when he heard the cries coming from inside. Letting his hand drop to his side, Newt walked to Raven's room instead, going down into his case.

Have you done it? Was the first question he got when he entered the case. Pickett looked up at him expectantly.

"No, Pickett. I didn't ask her. She's in mourning, you know?" He pulled the simple gold locket out of his pocket: Newt had gotten it when he was chasing the Niffler, but never had the chance to give it to Raven. "We are going to Central Park later, so I'll ask her then." He pocketed the necklace before grabbing a case identical to his, except for the world on the inside part. He left Pickett in the cabin, going to the Occamy habitat and grabbing the empty silver shells. He put them delicately into the empty case and carried up out of the suitcase with him.

"I'm going out!" He yelled to the girls, swinging his jacket on, "I'll be back soon!" With that, he apparated to the front of the canning factory. Raven sat up when she heard the unmistakeable sound of someone apparating. She grabbed a towel from the cupboard and walked to the shower. She stepped into the running water, letting the tears mix with the hot water. She picked up a bar of soap, the small cuts that littered her body stung when the soap hit them. Raven lathered her hair up with shampoo, before washing it out. She went to reach for the conditioner, but she suddenly felt as if she didn't have the energy. Her body felt ten times heavier than it did before she entered the shower like something was weighing her down. She felt out of breath and slumped against the wall of the shower, hoping that the feeling would pass.