Two Shades Of Love [boyxboy Sequel]

I was slammed into my locker and sighed in annoyance. “Maturity. Will you get some?” I grumbled, glancing back at my boyfriend, JJ. He grinned. “Someone’s in a mood.” I shrugged. “It’s, like, 7 a.m. on a Monday. What do you expect?”

                “I expect you to be happy,” he said, turning me around and kissing me deeply. “You should be happy. I like to see you smile. So, smile. For me?”

                I rolled my eyes and kissed him back. “Maybe once I wake up a bit more,” I said with a shrug before shoving some books in my locker. I shut my locker and grabbed JJ’s hand. He sighed. “Please smile, Milo?”

                I shrugged again and offered a tired smile. “Sorry JJ. It’s just that I barely slept last night. I’m exhausted. I think I’ll nap during first period. Maybe then I’ll feel a little better. I just hate sleeping during school.”

                JJ kissed my cheek as we walked out to the main hallway. “If you’re really tired, just play sick and stay home. That’s what I do when I’m too exhausted to go to school. But I limit myself to, like, 3 of those days per school year. Only when I’m super desperately exhausted,” he said.

                “Which I am,” I grumbled as we reached JJ’s two best friends, Felix and Gabe. Gabe’s little brother, Patrick, had been sent away by his parents after threatening, and attempting, to kill JJ last year. His dad had knocked him off JJ and his parents had sent him away right after that. Patrick was crazy and it was easy to tell simply by looking into his eyes. Patrick’s eyes were downright terrifying.

                Gabe’s parents had hired a family therapist to help them all through that difficulty. After some severe depression, Gabe began to go back to his normal self. Felix, who JJ and I had feared was also going crazy, was normal now that Pat was gone. He was back to going on random, pointless rants.

                “Hey guys. You look dead tired, Milo,” Gabe said and I nodded. “I am,” I said with a sigh. “Did you guys know you’re supposed to get at least 8 hours of sleep each night? In Sponegebob, Mr. Krabs-”

                JJ slapped a hand over Felix’s mouth before he could continue. “Check yourself, Felix,” he said and rolled his eyes before removing his hand. Felix pouted. “Not nice, JJ. Not nice at all!” he whined in annoyance.               

                JJ laughed and shrugged. “Whatever,” he said and jokingly shoved Felix before grabbing my hand and kissing me. “So are we hanging out after school?” JJ asked Gabe curiously. Gabe shrugged and shook his head.

                “I can’t. My dad said he needs to talk to me afterschool,” Gabe said. JJ shrugged and glanced at me and Felix. “Are you guys helping me babysit tonight?” Felix shook his head and pouted again. “I can’t tonight, JJ. Sorry. My parents are making me go to the mall with them to buy new shit.” He snapped his mouth shut before he could slip into another rant.

                “I’ll help you,” I said and he kissed me again. I always helped JJ babysit his Uncle Pierce’s kids. It was fun, especially now that I had gotten to know the kids.

                “Well thank you, Milo. At least someone will help me,” he said and glared ay Gabe and Felix. “Hey man, we got shit to do,” Gabe said with a shrug and JJ laughed. “I know. I was just fucking with you guys. I don’t care. It’s more money for me and Milo.”

                I laughed and nodded. “Yea, because Pierce pays us oh so much money to babysit,” I said sarcastically. “That bitch pays a crazy amount of money!” JJ said and snickered. Gabe winced a little like he always did when someone said the word crazy. He and Pat had been extremely close brothers.

                I did feel bad for Gabe, don’t get me wrong, but I was also beyond happy that Pat was out of the picture. He terrified me and he had fucked up JJ. JJ had had a ton of trust problems because Pat would trick him into thinking a close friend, or boyfriend, in my case, had backstabbed him. JJ had been terrified to trust anyone for quite a long time. Even now, he still had his doubts when it came to trusting people.

                The bell exploded and JJ walked to me to my first period class. “Come home with me afterschool. Max is picking me up and dropping me off at Pierce’s house. It’ll be a jolly good time,” he said as we stood outside the classroom.

                “Jolly good time? JJ, you have problems,” I said jokingly and he rolled his eyes. He kissed me deeply. “Yes, yes I do. But at least they’re problems that we can live with,” he whispered before kissing me again. I smiled and entered the classroom as JJ walked towards his first period class.