Two Shades Of Love {6}

A.N.- Oh, you guys didn't get it :( Kendall Ryan Sanders plays Danny Murphy, the 9 year old sociopath on Criminal Minds who killed his younger brother Kyle. I thought it was symbolic... xD 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                ***Milo’s POV***

                We walked into school and went over to the Cash brothers and Felix. Pat was incredibly attractive today, just like he had been when I had met him.

                He was clean shaven and his hair had been cut neatly, still slightly long. He glanced at us and smiled nervously. I didn’t like it. I didn’t like it at all.

                “Hi guys,” JJ greeted casually, walking over holding my hand. “Hi,” Pat said quietly, glancing at his feet. “What’s wrong, Pat?” JJ asked curiously. “JJ…did I do something to make you guys mad at me?” he asked, looking at us, clearly upset.

                JJ and I stared at him in shock. Was he serious? He tried to fucking kill JJ! He had tried to break my arms! Of course he had done something to make us mad at him!

                “I told you they’re not mad at you, Pat,” Gabe said with an encouraging smile. “Now hang on. I have to ask them something,” he said and pulled us away from Pat and Felix.

                “The hell is wrong with him?” JJ demanded. “He doesn’t remember anything, JJ. He’s not faking, either. He really can’t remember what happened. It’s like he forgot everything that happened once he started to go cr…once he started to act weird,” Gabe said, running a hand through his hair and letting out a sigh.

                He looked at us with pleading eyes. “He doesn’t remember. Don’t remind him. Just…act like it never happened. Please. My parents cry at night. JJ, you know my dad. He never cries. Never. If they have to send Pat away again, they won’t be able to handle it, and neither will I. He’s really doing better. He doesn’t remember what happened, and he’s back to normal because of it. Just pretend it never happened and he’ll be okay.”

                Now Gabe’s eyes were starting to water. “Please. I’ll do anything. JJ, you know my dad doesn’t ever cry! Not even the day his stepdad beat the living shit out of him! But I hear him crying at night. If he loses Pat again, he’ll be the one that goes crazy. Please don’t do that to my dad. Don’t do that to my family. Just act like it never happened. Please.”

                JJ stepped forward and hugged Gabe. Gabe hugged him back tightly. “Okay, Gabe,” JJ said quietly. He glanced at me. I had a bad feeling about this, but I nodded anyways. My heart was going out to Gabe. He really wasn’t a bad guy.

                “Thank you guys so much. You could never know how much it means to me,” he whispered and wiped at his eyes.

                We walked back over to Pat and Felix. “We’re you guys talking about me?” Pat asked nervously, and we shook our heads. He didn’t look like he believed us, but he let it drop. Gabe shakily put an arm around him.

                “JJ, please tell me if I did something,” Pat begged quietly. I almost felt bad for him. Almost. JJ shrugged. “You didn’t do anything, Pat,” he lied smoothly and took my hand in his. “I promise.” He offered Pat a comforting smile and Pat relaxed a little.

                The bell exploded and we all walked off to class. When it came time for gym, I met up with JJ in the small gym. Pat was in there as well. He came over to us awkwardly. “Hey Pat,” JJ said with a friendly smile. “Hi JJ,” Pat said shyly and glanced at me. I smiled and he smiled back nervously.

                The coach walked in and took quick attendance. “Today, we start archery. Get into groups of 3 or 4, and line up,” she ordered. We lined up together and I looked nervously at the bows and arrows, and then to Pat.

                “Get bows!” coach ordered. Pat hesitated before stepping up and grabbing a bow. He straddled the line with his bow on his toe until coach blew the whistle to start shooting. Pat nocked his arrow and drew back the string with three fingers.

                He aimed calmly, focused solely on the center of the target, and released the string, painting his face as the arrow flew forward. It shot right on a 10, and Pat calmly began to nock his next arrow.

                “JJ, this isn’t safe,” I whispered. “He’s fine, Milo,” JJ said quietly. But he was also watching Pat nervously as he released his next arrow, also hitting a 10.

                Pat shot his five arrows calmly and casually, racking up 48 out of 50 possible points. He returned the bow and went back to his spot and waited patiently for coach to blow the whistle for them to get their arrows from the target. His eyes were completely blank.

                When coach did blow the whistle to get the arrows, Pat did so casually. He covered the tips of the arrows as he walked them back after taking his score. He stood behind me when he was done as JJ went up to grab his bow.

                “Nice job Pat,” I said with a friendly smile. He glanced at me flatly. “Thanks,” he said, no emotion in his voice. His eyes were starting to take on that scary quality. The crazy look was beginning to reemerge.

                Coach blew the whistle for the next group to shoot, and Pat jumped a little. The crazy look blew clear from his eyes and he looked confused for a second. He looked down at his score sheet and seemed surprised. “Wow. I thought I had terrible aim!” he said and laughed a little.

                “Guess not,” I said and laughed with him. But inside, I was terrified. I knew it had been too good to be true. Pat wasn’t “cured”. There was no way he ever could be. And I also now realized that the crazy Pat could come back at any time, without warning.