Two Shades Of Love {8}

“He’s always had anger issues and been a sore loser. Gabe wasn’t kidding about that. That’s not the first time he’s thrown a controller and kicked the console because he lost,” JJ said as we held hands, walking back to his house together.

                “He still scares me, JJ,” I said nervously as we went into his house. “JJ! Hide me!” Noah cried and jumped behind JJ. “Oh lord. Here we go,” JJ said with a sigh as Max and Connor came running out.

                “Noah! Give it back,” Max said, rolling his eyes. “Never! JJ will protect me!” Noah cried. “JJ will protect himself and Milo. Noah is on his own,” JJ said and stepped away from Noah.

                “Aw JJ! I make you tacos! Jerk,” Noah whined and stuck his tongue out at JJ. “Dad give it back!” Connor whined, holding his hands out.

                “What did you take?” JJ asked curiously. “His DS. I wanted to play Pokemon!” Noah said with a bright smile, holding up the DS. “Dad it’s mine!” Connor cried and tried to get it back. Noah held it out of his reach. “Jump for it! Go on; jump for it!” he taunted with a grin.

                “I married an idiot,” Max said with a sigh. “And you adopted two of them,” Noah said, sticking his tongue out again. Connor and JJ pouted. JJ glanced at Connor. “Let’s get him,” he said with a nod and the two brothers jumped on Noah, tackling him to the ground and taking the DS back.

                The three got up laughing and Noah jokingly shoved JJ. JJ came back over to me and grabbed my hand. “We’re going up to my room,” he announced and began to pull me towards the stairs.

                “Wait! JJ!” Noah cried. JJ turned around and raised an eyebrow. “Yes, dad?” he asked. “If you’re feeling funky, wrap your monkey. Condoms are in Max’s sock drawer,” he said with an affirmative nod.

                “Noah!” Max cried and shook his head. “Ignore him. Don’t do that stuff until you’re old and married or else you won’t have a door for your bedroom. And there are not condoms in my sock drawer!”

                We laughed and went upstairs. JJ shut the door and locked it. “If only they knew,” he said, laughing and jumping on his bed. He held his arms out to me and I eagerly went into them and kissed him deeply.

                “I love you JJ,” I said with a smile. “Ditto kiddo,” he said kissed my forehead. I rested my head on his chest and he grinned at me and ran a hand through my hair.

                “I can’t wait to see you swimming with us tomorrow. You always look sexy as fuck in your swim trunks. I love it when you don’t have a shirt on,” he said and kissed me. I rolled my eyes. “Yea, I look sexier when I have no clothes on at all. Still, I don’t like swimming nude. Too many boys come to the yard,” I said with a shrug.

                JJ rolled his eyes and kissed me deeply. “You’re dumb. I like you.” I smirked. “You’re cute. I like you.” We laid and talked until I had to go home.

                The next day, we went to JJ’s house afterschool and changed into our swim trunks. We went out to the pool and Gabe stuck his toe in. “Son of 3 whores! That shit’s cold JJ!” he cried, pulling his toe out and jumping away from the pool.

                “Why don’t you ask Max? He was the first one in,” JJ said, jerking his thumb at me. “What? No I haven…OH JJ YOU ASSHOLE!” I cried as he picked me up. I struggled, but it didn’t matter. JJ was stronger than me. He threw me into the pool.

                I came up and glanced at Gabe. “You pussy! It’s barely cold at all!” I cried, brushing my hair out of my eyes. “I can’t take it. He’s too sexy. Must. Hump. In. Pool,” JJ cried and jumped into the water. He swam over to me and jumped on me. We fell underwater and came back up. He kissed me and looked over. “Get in!” he called and the other 3 shrugged and jumped into the water.

                “Chicken!” JJ cried and lifted me onto his shoulders. Gabe lifted Pat onto his shoulders and they came over to us as Felix watched, laughing.

                Pat and I grabbed hands and began to wrestle. “Get him, Pat!” Gabe cheered. “Kick his ass Milo!” JJ cried and we shoved at each other.

                I gave a particularly hard shove and Pat went tumbling into the water. Fear shot through me as JJ lowered me from his shoulders. Pat had a terrible temper. He was going to furious. He was going to try to kill me. He was going to-

                “Nice one Milo!” he said, laughing as he came up from the water. “Uh…thanks,” I said, forcing a smile as he came over and slapped me a high five. And in that moment, there was nothing in his eyes. No craziness. Just a normal 15 year old kid having a good time with some friends. Maybe…maybe Pat really was better.