Two Shades Of Love {29}

***Milo’s POV***

                “Are you sure about this Milo?” JJ asked nervously as we stood outside of the Cash’s house. I sighed and shook my head. “Nope. But it has to end JJ,” I said as confidently as I possibly could.

                JJ took my good hand in his and we walked up to the door. We rang the doorbell and Owen answered. He looked at the cast on my arm and pain exploded in his eyes.

                “God Milo. I’m so sorry,” he whispered in horror. “It’s okay,” I said with a small smile. It wasn’t Owen’s fault his son was mentally fucked.

                He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “If it leaves me single, he’ll be back there by tomorrow night at the latest. He needs help and I’m going to get it for him,” he said.

                JJ and I stepped into the house and followed Owen into the living room. Pierce was sitting there with Marissa and Gabe. He looked up and smiled weakly. “Hey kids,” he greeted.

                “Hi Uncle Pierce,” JJ said and I nodded at him. We looked to Owen. He pointed at the ceiling. “He’s in his room. Scream if you need us,” he said and let out a slightly hysterical laugh. Pierce shot him a sympathetic look.

                JJ and I went upstairs together and knocked on Pat’s bedroom door. “Come in,” his voice called and we entered his bedroom. He looked up at us. He had been lying on his bed with a magazine in his hands. He tossed it to the ground and sat up, eyeing my cast carefully.

                “Broke your arm? What a shame,” he said with a smirk. “Cut the shit Pat. What do you really want from us?” JJ demanded coldly.

                “He wants to send me away again. Do you know what it’s like to always be scared, JJ? To be afraid of the dark because of the things you hear? Have you ever known you were always alone, no matter who was there? I know what all of that feels like, JJ,” Pat hissed, his eyes flashing dangerously as he got off his bed.

                “I want to be afraid anymore,” he whimpered, and the dangerous look in his eyes turned to a terrified one for an instant before flashing back.

                “You don’t have to be, Patrick. You need to stop trying to hurt people and let them help you,” JJ said gently.

                Pat shook his head furiously. “No one ever helps me,” he whimpered and clenched his fists tightly. “No one. You all abandoned me. Even my own brother and father. And you? You were supposed to be my best friend JJ. You left me for him, and you barely even know him! You grew up with me and you still picked Milo over me!” he cried, hurt and anger in his voice.

                 “Pat, please let us help you. Please,” JJ whispered, his eyes shining with desperation and concern. Pat glared at him. “You’re trying to trick me,” he hissed.

                “No!” JJ cried. “I swear that I’m not trying to trick you Patrick!” I bit my lip nervously. The look in his eyes had me wishing we had never come here. He was going to attack us. It was just a matter of when. He was like a shark. Take a bite, back off, and go in for the kill.

                “I’m done with the lies. I won’t be alone anymore,” he said quietly before attacking JJ. The two fell to the ground together.

                “OWEN!” JJ shrieked and tried to restrain Pat without hurting him. I tried to get Pat off of JJ, but he struck out and hit my cast. I let out a hiss of pain and pulled away, cradling my arm as it began to throb.

                “Milo, I’m okay! Don’t fight him!” JJ cried and kicked Pat off of himself. He scrambled to his feet only to be knocked back down by Pat. I could hear the adults running up the stairs with Gabe.

                Pat slammed his knees down on JJ’s arms and tightened his hands around JJ’s neck. “I’m going to kill you! Then you can feel alone!” he shrieked as the adults exploded into the room with Gabe.

                They stared in terror before Pierce raced over and yanked Pat off of JJ. JJ choked for air and I knelt next to him, rubbing his back with my good hand.

                “I want to kill him!” Pat shrieked, his eyes downright terrifying. Pierce held him tightly.

                “Owen, I’m going to take him to the doctor’s. He needs to be sedated. Gabe, come with me,” Pierce said, struggling to hold Pat now as Pat tried to break away. At those words, his struggles increased and he let out a furious scream.

                His eyes found Owen as Pierce began to drag him out of the room. “Daddy help me! Don’t let him take me back! I don’t want to be alone!” he shrieked desperately, his eyes watering. “Dad please! Please don’t let him take me away! Daddy!”

                JJ took my good hand as we watched. Owen’s eyes watered and erupted into agony, but he slowly shook his head at Pat. “You need help Patrick. It’s because we love you,” he whispered.

                “Daddy please! Please don’t do this to me! Don’t let me be alone in the dark!” he wailed, crying now. But Pierce yanked him out of the room and Gabe followed them shakily. We all stayed silent until we heard the front door shut.

                “Oh god my son,” Owen whimpered as his wife silently began to cry. JJ hugged me tightly and kissed me. “He was so afraid,” JJ whispered.

                I hugged JJ back as Pat’s parents held each other. “It’s over,” I whispered and kissed JJ, loving him more than I ever had before. “It’s finally over.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- This is NOT the last chapter :p