Two Shades Of Love {18}

“Milo?” my mom asked, coming into my room and sitting next to me. I sniffed and wiped my eyes. “I’m sorry. I’m okay,” I whispered. She hugged me and shook her head. “It’s okay to be upset Milo,” she said gently.

                “I love him, mom,” I said and felt my eyes watering again. “He’ll come around. Just let him calm down and then talk to him,” mom said and kissed my forehead. I hoped she was right.

                                                                                ***JJ’s POV***

                “Where’s Milo?” Pat asked as I walked into Gabe’s room. My eyes shifted to my feet. “I broke up with him,” I grumbled.

                “What?!” Pat, Gabe, and Felix cried in shock at the same time. I shrugged and nodded. My heart was hurting so bad. I shouldn’t have come here. I should’ve just stayed at home and drowned myself in Mayday Parade and Hollywood Undead music.

                “Why?” Gabe asked with a deep frown. “He was pissing me off,” I mumbled, realizing how lame that sounded. Gah, why had I broken up with him? I loved him so, so much. I just wanted to hug him to me and kiss me. But now he was going to hate me. He had probably already moved on and was with Roman. I was an idiot.

                “JJ, come here,” Pat said and led me out of Gabe’s room and into his own. He locked the door and we sat on his bed together. He hugged me tightly. “Are you okay?” he asked in concern and I bit my lip. “I’ll have to be,” I whispered.

                “Why don’t you just get back together with him if you already miss him?” Pat asked. “I can’t. I broke up with him. He’s got to hate me, Pat. And if we get back together, we’re just going to keep fighting,” I said with a sad sigh.

                “So you’re just going to move on?” he asked in shock. I nodded. “Yea,” I said silently. “Yea, I am going to move on.” I didn’t want to, but I would have to. We would keep fighting if we got back together. I didn’t want to have to do that. Not with Milo. This was better for us. He could be with Roman now.

                Pat pulled his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. “Hey JJ?” he asked quietly. I gave him a curious look and he bit his lip.

                “Have you ever lost done something stupid when you lost your temper?” he asked, his voice going small. I nodded and sighed. “Yea, Pat. I just did,” I said. He released his legs and put his feet back on the floor.

                He looked over at me and I saw fear in his eyes. Nothing crazy, just fear. Why was Milo so convinced that there was something wrong with Pat? Maybe there had been something wrong with him, but he was obviously much better now.

                “Why, Pat?” I asked curiously. He shrugged. “I just got really angry the other day. When Milo was saying those bad things about me. It made me really mad, JJ. I don’t like when he says bad things about me. There’s nothing wrong with me. I got mad and I…threw rocks at the house,” he said. “I almost hit the window. My parents would’ve been so mad at me,” he added as an afterthought.

                I slung an arm around his shoulders and pulled him closer to me. “Hey, everyone gets mad. Just be more careful. You could really hurt someone if they had walked out of the house, or been standing near the window,” I said and he got a guilty expression.

                “I don’t want to hurt anyone,” he whispered. “I know you don’t,” I said with a comforting smile. He was like a little kid every since he had gotten back. The memory loss had terrified him, and he was so scared that he had done something wrong. He hadn’t been himself, though. The Pat sitting next to me right now had done nothing wrong.

                “I really hope you’re okay, JJ. You really liked Milo,” he said, looking at me with eyes shining in intense concern for me. I smiled softly. “I’ll be okay,” I said.

                I leaned down and gently pressed my lips to Pat’s. He kissed me back after a moment of shock. I kept my arm around him, pulling him even closer to me.

                He pulled away from me and carefully searched my eyes. “Are you sure about this, JJ?” he asked quietly. No. No I wasn’t. But I wasn’t thinking. I was hurt. I had shut down. I was running on impulse now. And my impulse was to kiss Pat.

                “Yes,” I lied and brought my lips back to his, hugging him. He hesitated before wrapping his arms around my neck and kissing back again.

                My heart longed for Milo, but I had broken up with him. Pat was here. Pat still cared about me, and I knew that. Somewhere deep down, he still loved me. I could feel it now as we kissed. I was confused. I was well beyond confused. But I knew that I needed to get the hell over Milo before he talked me back into a relationship, and talked me away from Patrick. And so, wiping thoughts of Milo from my mind, I continued to kiss Patrick Cash.