Chapter III: Insecurities

Chapter Three: Insecurities.

After working Thursday and Friday, Jake and I are finally able to relax together at last. Jake was finally able to rest, and get back his energy on the two days I was at work, which I was glad for since he had overworked himself in LA.

Jake has planned our weekend activities. I don't know what to expect. He's been so unpredictable lately, with the surprise visit and tattoo, so I'm completely clueless as to what we will be doing. I tried seducing him to get the answer out of him and it didn't work on my favor, backfiring. Surprises make me antsy. It's not that I hate them, I like them as long as I'm not aware that there will be one. My over controlling and perfectionist-self hates not knowing what's going to happen. Jake knows this but he still insists on going on with it and not tell me.

"Stop sulking," he chuckles as he takes a glance towards me. "It'll be worth it. I promise." He takes my hand in his before kissing it and placing them on his thigh. I sigh and place my head on his shoulder.

As we sit on the back of Jake's New York City driver's black Cadillac, the only thing I know, at the moment, is that we're en route to LaGuardia airport and that we are flying commercially instead of privately, which surprised me. This only means Mark is completely unaware of this vacation planning by Jake. Otherwise, he wouldn't have allowed him to.

Before leaving, Jake convinced me of taking Monday off. I am still not keen on the idea of flying since Jake just recovered from his LA flying exhaustion. His response to my reluctance was saying that this trip is for vacation purposes not work purposes like his flight to LA had been.

When we arrive, a crowd of paparazzi is outside. Flashes instantly go off as Jake opens the door and gets out. I wait for him and the driver to get our luggage out before going out. It's the first time Jake and I are photographed together.

"Keep your head down and don't show any emotion to anything they ask you. It's what they want," Jake instructs me in a quick whisper as he places his hand on the small of my back and guides me through the crowd that has grown as pedestrians struggle to see what celebrity is here.

Jake has his brown duffel bag on his shoulder and my carry-on on his free hand. Airport security tries to make space for us to go inside by ordering people to step back.

"Jake, where are you taking your lady?"

"JAKE! Can we get a smile? Just a smile from you guys, man!"

"How does your girlfriend feel about the production of your new music video? Is she jealous?"

The last question, that I was able to comprehend between all the yells, confuses me. Jake hasn't finished his album yet, how come he has already started a music video? I let it go, knowing it's probably just a rumor and they're trying to get an emotion out of me just like Jake told me.

Once inside, Jake stops and places himself in front of me.

"Are you okay?" he sounds insecure and timid. His hands goes to my face, cupping my cheek and soothingly rubbing his thumb over my skin.

I nod and smile to reassure him.

"You sure?"

I nod again and playfully roll my eyes at his need to double check. He kisses my forehead before were interrupted by a young teenage girl.

"Excuse me?" she says, breaking our bubble and getting our attention. "Hi Jake." She gives him a shy, nervous look before continuing, "Um... I was wondering if I could get a picture with you?"

Jake looks at me as if waiting for my approval, I nod reluctantly unsure of why he would need it.

"Sure," he smiles, putting his celebrity charm façade on; the one he only uses with fans, media and the world of fame. She outstretches her arm with her phone in hand as Jake settles next to her and leans down to her height.