A Look Into The Future

Extra ::: A Look Into The Future.

"Hey buddy boy," I greet him, pulling him from Sky's grasp and onto my hip, holding him in my arms as I enter the kitchen.

It's hard to believe he's one year old, almost two. He's a restless machine of energy ever since the baby babbles and crawling began, driving Sky crazy around the penthouse every day. Sky blames me for his hyperactive after Ethan threw me under the bus by confirming her suspicions. It doesn't help either that Ryder is basically a carbon copy of me.

Like every newborn, his eyes were a dark blue that eventually became green like mine and didn't go darker like Sky's.

I've been convincing her about a second baby just cause. We've talk about adding to the family ever since Ryder turned one and concurred on a total of three children -- or four if we don't get a girl before the three. I spoil Ryder rotten, everyone in the family does and he's surprisingly more of a daddy's boy than mommy's boy, but I would love to have a little princess too.

"Me and Mommy make cookies." He shoves a big, salivated crumb of chocolate chip cookie in my face.

"That's nice, bud, but it's made. Made." I emphasize, correcting his mistake.

His mistakes are quite frequent. It's cute he still doesn't have the hang on language.

Ryder nods, determined.

"May-d." He enunciates, after taking a bite of his cookie.

Sky laughs, coming closer and placing her hand on my waist. She greets me with a peck on the lips, a grin on her lips as she turns to Ry. "No talking with your mouth full, bunny."

Ryder has maintained his bunny nickname as well as me. I'm not against it at all. I love it, actually. Albeit, it can get confusing at times when we're both in the room and she refers to either of us as bunny and we both turn her way.

"Are they good?"

Ryder nods, continuing to excitedly chew on the piece of cookie he's probably had for the last two hours.

"Did you leave me any?"

He shakes his head, grinning with mischief and taking pleasure from it.

The cheeky, little shit.

Sky grins, shaking her head at our son's delight. "He's kidding. There's two more pans left in the oven."

"You think you're funny, yeah?"

Ryder nods, grinning as I playfully throw him a bit up and catch him. His piece of cookie falling to the floor as he giggles.

"Again?" I peer up at him as I still hold him up.

He nods, his hands going to his mouth in anticipation.

"Jake, please."

Sky doesn't like it that I do that to him. She worries more than a mother would and I like it. Ryder might not like it as he grows older, but I enjoy her disapproval when I do something she deems dangerous. Maybe it's because it's Ryder and me against her and she can't say no to either of us, especially Ry.

"Just one more time." I tell as both Ryder and I look at her. "I promised him."

I throw him up and Ryder laughs again. Sky shakes her head at the both of us. Sometimes, especially in moments like this, I can't help but think that she believes she's raising two children instead of one.

I sit him on the granite counter, placing my hand in his back just for safety.

"More? Pwease." Ryder pointing to his mushy piece of cookie on the floor to Sky.