Chapter VI: Unshown Date

Chapter Six: Unshown Date.

I'm tangled in hot, heavy limbs. Jake's arm is over my waist, his legs between mine. He spoons me from behind, his warm breath hitting my neck. I've been awake since three in the morning even after burning energy in a two-hour long run. However, I at least managed to get a sleeping pattern after our flight back to New York, two days ago. It's nearly eight thirty in the morning and Jake has a photo shoot at ten in the morning. I turn around to wake him up. As I face him, his grip on me tightens and he groans in protest.

"Jake? Bunny?"

"Is that my new name?" He manages to ask. His voice almost incomprehensible due to his sleep haze and deep husky tone.

"Maybe," I reply. "I can find other one if you don't like it." I grin when a few come to mind, "Baby cakes? Jelly bean? Mu--"

"Okay, I'll stick to Bunny." Jake answers. I laugh as his two-day stubble rubs against my cheek and he cuddles me closer to him.

"You have to get up if you don't want Mark to scold you for being late." I peck his jaw, all the way to his lips.

"You certainly won't get me to get up by doing this," he tells me before his hand goes under my shirt on my back, pulling me closer and deepening the kiss.

His hand caress my skin as his soft lips against mine. His tongue prods mine for entrance, granting it to him and eliciting a pleasurable groan from him. His hand leaves my back and moves to my thigh, bringing it over his waist. My hand moves to his jaw before slowly moving to his nape.

"You're going to end up killing me," Jake says against my lips.

I chuckle before telling him, "No. We're going to end up killing each other."

"Couldn't agree more," he replies before connecting our lips again and moving us, changing the position to him hovering over me instead of facing each other.

"You're going to be late." I remind him, grabbing one of his wrists situated next to my face as his lips move to my neck.

"Couldn't give a shit." He replies between kisses.

"Jake!" I scold him, more playfully than serious. Mark hasn't marked a late-blame tally on my chart in a long time and now Jake is going to ruin my perfect score, so far.

"I'll handle him," he assures me as he comes up and removes a strand of hair from my face, his eyes on me the whole time before lowering his lips to back mine.

His hands start to wander as do mine. He's only wearing boxers, his chest on display. My fingers touch the hard ridges of his muscles before stopping at the waistband of his underwear. We're under the covers of the bed, the temperature becoming warmer by the second. Jake slightly pulls away -- our lips still grazing -- to remove his shirt that I wear as mine. My skin is begging for his touch and I know his is begging for mine. He starts to grind on me, getting a sigh of pleasure out of me. His fingers only get to touch the waistband of my underwear before we're interrupted.

"Wake up, lovebirds! No funny business!" Sara's voice echoes through the apartment as I hear the front door slam shut.

"Jesus Christ," he groans before dropping his head on the crook of my shoulder and neck. "You've got to be fucking kidding me?"

I try to silently laugh at Jake's defeat but the rumble of my chest under him gives me away. He comes up and glares at me, "Remind me why you gave her a key."

"Because she's my best friend and I love her just as much as I love you," I peck his lips and make a move to get out of under him.

"Nearly." He corrects me and I laugh. Ever since he said 'I love you', he's been more possessive and easily jealous than before. First, at the beach in Miami with my bikini and now, with Sara which is ridiculous.