Epilogue: Timeline Full of Highlights.

2 years later.

Jake is due back home from tour rehearsals any minute. We've been considering and planning this since our engagement five months ago, but now with his world tour due up and him leaving in a month, I don't know just how well this was planned and how well it will turn out. He'll be gone for about five months with only one to two weeks free between them.

It's a scary thought to think that I might have to go through half of this alone. Maybe I won't have to. Maybe I'm just overthinking this.

I'm still thinking of how to break the news to him; bluntly, drag it out a bit. I don't know. Right now, I don't know a lot of things related to the present and our future and it makes me anxious. I can't talk it out with someone because, right now, I'm the only who knows and I want Jake to be the first -- or technically the second -- one to find out. After him, it'll probably be Mom and Dad along with Carter, Ethan and everyone else.

Once, he's here I will have to will myself against my nerves to tell him. I won't make myself wait one or a few more days, partially because I am more than excited about this -- I'm thrilled -- and because it wouldn't be fair of me to delay the news. I'm just a little scared of what's ahead because of our poor planning. The sound of the elevator making its ascend fills the quiet penthouse as I sit on one of the love seats in the living room, waiting for him.

Ding.

He's here.

Keys are tossed in the foyer table and his shoes create scuffle sounds as he drags himself in.

"Hey," he grins as catches sight of me on the couch. Jake walks to me, first discarding his wallet, sunglasses and phone on the kitchen island.

Every time I see him, I can't help but think just how good he looks. He added new tattoos to his collection less than a month ago and I never thought I would appreciate and love them as much as I do. Sure, I liked his tats before. I've never been against them. I even got one myself, but instead of keeping the promise of going with him for my tat, I went alone. The day of our wedding he'll see it for the first time. I don't know what he'll think of it, but I love his tattoos no matter what.

The way he looks -- so masculine -- as he gets closer to me. Every time I catch myself staring at him. When he reaches me, he leans down to properly greet me with a kiss.

My hand goes to his jaw. My fingers slightly grazing the five o'clock shadow he's sporting. I feel one of his hands creep to my upper thigh, his thumb rubbing its inner skin as the rest of his hand lays near the outer side.

"Mmm," he hums against my lips as he slightly breaks the kiss. "I have to take a shower. I'm all sweaty and dirty from rehearsals."

"Can we talk once you're done?"

My words cause a frown on his face. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. It's nothing bad...in my opinion." I tell him. "Go. I'll be waiting for you here."

I peck his lips in reassurance. "I'll be right back."

His thoughts will probably be kicking him, even though, I tried to reassure him. I don't want Jake to think I'm second-guessing the wedding. There is no doubt that I want to marry him, call him my husband. Why wouldn't I? I'm lucky I was blessed with a man like him; with so much family principles and who's a gentleman to every woman. I couldn't have asked for more. We've known each other for nearly four years and every day I fall more in love with him.

Soon, I hear Jake coming downstairs. He usually takes longer when in the shower, but my words must have made him cut it short. He's only wearing some white basketball shorts I bought him and convinced him to wear at least around the penthouse other than his too old sweatpants. His hair is still wet, drops of water falling to his shoulders.