Chapter XI: Forced Kisses and Sneaky Phone Calls

Chapter Eleven: Forced Kisses and Sneaky Phone Calls.

"What do you want to do today?" Jake questions.

We just woke up. Jake has his arms around me like always. I don't know how I made it through the summer with him almost on top of me but now, during winter his warmth is welcomed anytime. Otherwise, I would have pushed him off the bed a long time ago. I kiss the petals of his forearm rose tattoo that are nearly lost in his tattoo sleeve. I haven't forgotten about his tattoo promise and I'm hoping to put it to use soon.

"Do you have today free?" I ask him.

"Mhmm." He murmurs against my neck. "I'm free until Monday then I start rehearsals." After his Good Morning America interview yesterday, Jake did more promo, stopping by MTV and VEVO. With his single coming out soon, he and his band will start rehearsing the song and prepare themselves for the first live performance of "No Angel". Since the release of the song is approaching, I have a vague idea of how many free days he's going to have and how frequent they will be, which means I should take advantage of today. "We could stay here." He suggests. "Aallll daaayyy." Jake emphasizes, dragging out the words.

"I'm sorry, Bunny. Not happening."

"What do you mean not happening?" Jake sounds like a five year old, protesting.

"Time of the month," I shrug.

He groans, throwing himself on top of me. "Are you kidding me?" Jake murmurs against my neck.

"No," I chuckle. Sometimes, I think Jake hates my period more than I do since it interferes with his needs. In some way, his disappointment is understandable since we haven't with each other for six days. Unfortunately, he'll have to wait another four or five days. I kiss his overly scruffy cheek before reminding him, "It's our six months anniversary next week. Half a year together."

He props himself on his right elbow, resting on his side. "Wouldn't want to have it any other way." He leans down and kisses me. "Do you have anywhere in mind you'd want to go?" Jake asks me against our lips as I feel the roughness of his face against my skin.

I shake my head, "Surprise me."

He smirks, putting a strand of loose hair behind my ear. "Challenge accepted." He kisses me, again, and I laugh against his lips.

"It wasn't a challenge. It was a request."

"It's a challenge." These childish back and forths between us are what makes our relationship better along with the occasional banter. Jake and I love to say the contrary to whatever on if us is saying. Although it might be annoying sometimes, it's also entertaining and amusing.

My hands touch his scruffy cheek and I frown, deciding to tell him. "You need to shave or I'm not kissing you, anymore. You're getting too scruffy."

"I thought you liked scruffy me." Jake says, rubbing his cheek against my hand.

"I like you with a stubble, not an almost full-on beard like this one." I tell him, rubbing his covered cheek.

"I'll shave it later." He promises.

"Thank you, Bunny." I kiss him, even though I despise the feel of his rough overly-grown facial hair.

"I'm falling behind on this nickname thing. I need to step up my game and find you a good one."

I laugh and then say, "I thought I already had one."

"Yeah but, babe is too overrated. Everyone uses it. I was thinking about something... more uncommon."